how long does your batter last?

yyhh94

Reaction score
i jsut got my droid on saturday and i noticed that this phone had very little battery life compared to the LG dare. i had 40% battery life when i started school and with very minimal usage, like when i move from class to class, the battery completly died when school ended. my school starts at 8 and ends at 2:30

so is there a problem with my battery or is it supposed to be like this?
all i did was txt and go on the internet a few times;;

pigpen

Reaction score
I get a little more then 24 hours ... talking , texting , and browsing all day. If i notice its dying faster than usual, i'll turn off sync, gps and lower the brightness to the lowest setting til i can get it on a charger. Haven't had it die on in me in the wild yet though.

Edit: my uptime right now is 560:07:45

Last edited:

xliderider

Reaction score
There is no comparison between a feature phone and a smart phone like the Droid when it comes to battery life.

My wife's Dare could go 5 - 7 days between charging, but she has to charge her Droid Eris every night.

Smartphones are always connected to the internet and checking for email and updating widget information like weather apps, etc.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
touchscreen phone have crappy battery life. you are actually lucky you have a droid for two reasons.. 1: you can get another battery and swap it out, and 2: the droid battery lasts longer that many other touchscreen phones.. depends on your settings, of course.

mikecolorama

Reaction score
i've made it a habit to charge my droid every night before i go to bed and i have no problem using it the following day

OP
Y

yyhh94

Reaction score
Could it be because its new? I read somewhere I need to do a couple of charge cycle before the battery's full potential comes out(?)something like that.

droider4life

Reaction score
I usually get between 6-8 hrs with medium use. That has been the case since I got my phone. Which was just before Christmas. Last night I ran it totally dead since my normal routine has been to charge most of the day while at work. But today I went from 8 this morning till ten before I had to plug it in. Which is significantly better than even yesterday.. I have been reading everywhere on here to find how to save life but can't find many direct answers.

masterxchief

Reaction score
Edit: my uptime right now is 560:07:45

WOW! I can barely make it a week without restarting my phone!

Anyways my battery lasts me throughout the day and if I need more juice I just use my extended battery which practically lasts forever.

xliderider

Reaction score
Droider4life, you shouldn't be running your battery down all the way. That will doom your battery to an early grave as well. It's better to keep it charged up than to let it really low.

droider4life

Reaction score
Droider4life, you shouldn't be running your battery down all the way. That will doom your battery to an early grave as well. It's better to keep it charged up than to let it really low.
Gotcha... last night was the first time I have done it. It was kind of like a last ditch effort. I can't seem to figure out why my battery life is so poor. Although it seemed to help. I will be sure to take ur advice tho since I don't want to ruin my battery! Maybe its a faulty battery? But 8hrs tops with medium use shouldn't kill it so fast I wouldn't think. It usually drops ten percent within a half hour and another ten an hour later without even using it.. I am totally open to any suggestions!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i have to keep a charger on me; half way through the day I am at 40%. Part of it is because I am running live wall papers. Before live wall papers I would still need my charger to run pandora and other apps throughout the day.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My phone will usually last now, on average of 12 hours or so. I usually keep my screen brightness down to 25-30%, which other then direct sunlight, it is perfect to read anything on. The screen brightness and GPS will eat battery life very fast.

Enter

Reaction score
I was surfing the web today for 4 continuous hours! Usually I only get 2-3 and it dies but I still had 40% battery after 4 hours. By the way, I had about 8 different windows open, or whatever the limit is the entire time. The only time I stopped was for temperature and it only happened about 5 times where it went to 119.

Mars

Reaction score
keep the brightness setting on really low, try to minimize the wifi on setting and always turn the display off via the power button if not in use these steps alone will help with more battery life

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
I get an entire day out of my battery life. This is with using wifi to ftp at least a few things most days, heavy heavy usage at night. Usually while I am waiting for my ambien to kick in I am customizing sweeter home 2, using bettercut regularly and listening to music the entire time.

I am rooted using what appears to be a kernel from smoked glass, just the kernel, overclocked to 800/