How long does it take your D2G to charge

rage813

Reaction score
From 5 percent to full it takes about an 1 hr and 40 min

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

ExodusC

Reaction score
I've noticed something odd. When using my chargers that came with my Nexus One, it takes a really long time to charge, maybe four hours or more. These chargers used to charge my Nexus One extremely fast, in about an hour or so.

I just plugged in to the Droid 2 Global included charger, and now I'm charging much, much faster.

I'm beginning to wonder if Android can tell the difference between types of AC adapters...

Sent from my Droid 2 Global using the DroidForums App.

anguish

Reaction score
Depends on how low I am, but it goes really quick. I use the stock charger, plus the ones from the accessory kit.

italiaD2G

Reaction score
I'm beginning to wonder if Android can tell the difference between types of AC adapters...

Just today my friend who the same phone as me borrowed my charger and while his phone was on my charger his touch screen wouldn't work, he unplugged it and it worked just fine, so that might be true haha

pobrien904

Reaction score
Takes my phone about 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours to charge from almost dead to 100%

dtalitho

Reaction score
Is anyone having a problem with it discharging after left in charger all night? Do you think it could be because I am plugged into the computer via USB rather than the electrical outlet?

Plainzwalker

Reaction score
I purchased the dock yesterday and charged it from 20% to 100% and it took about 4 hours to do that I believe, however today I used it and it took it from 40% to 80% in about 45 minutes. I know with experience from iPhones that the USB charging (off a computer/laptop/monitor) takes a lot longer sometimes than it does if it is plugged into a wall.

tecwizrd

Reaction score
How fast your phone charges depends on the output of the charger. Wall warts charge faster as a rule, because most of them output 800 or more milliamperes. USB ports are somewhere around 500 milliamperes. This is how I understand it anyway.

Good day. :blackdroid:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've noticed something odd. When using my chargers that came with my Nexus One, it takes a really long time to charge, maybe four hours or more. These chargers used to charge my Nexus One extremely fast, in about an hour or so.

I just plugged in to the Droid 2 Global included charger, and now I'm charging much, much faster.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global using the DroidForums App.

SOME phones check for a specific pin/wire on a cable, to see if it's an approved high output charging source (usually around 800-850mA). If that wire isn't present, the phone defaults to 500ish mA, which is what a standard USB port puts out. It's how Apple products can tell you "This is not an approved charger" or whatever error they pop up when you use one of the cheap Chinese knockoff boomboxes (I used to sell them haha).

I have no idea if that's at work in your case, but it's possible.

OP
R

rage813

Reaction score
If you use your phone while charging it(even lightly) it will take much longer to charge. Is it safe to use an htc charger or a BB charger with my phone?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Reaction score
I was thinking your times seemed short until I remembered I have the extended battery, so it will obviously take longer haha. I take about 2.5 hours with it on (I had to test, to calibrate my battery app), but I think it's closer to an hour and a half with it off. Next I have to test it with it on, from 0%(or 5% or 10%, whatever the lowest it will turn on at) to 100% charging from USB... I predict 5 hours.

leobg

Reaction score
Mine charges from 10% to 100% from the stock charger in 1 hour and 20 mins. Once fully charged, it stays at 100% until I remove it from charger.

sjwoodard

Reaction score
I have an extended battery and it will fully charge in 1.5 hours. Which is actually the same it took my standard battery to charge.