How is the quality of Samsung phones?

smokiedabong

Reaction score
And that's why the world speed record for virtual keyboard on iPad is 5.26 and physical 2 seconds .

akhi216

Reaction score
...You're having to physically push a button down, you don't realize it, but those milliseconds do add up when it takes nothing but a touch of a finger to hit a key with the on screen keyboard...

Yeah when you're talking about noobs!!

People who speed type on physical kbs don't move their thumbs to an area and push down and wait. After 2-3 days with the device, the speed typer jabs buttons thereby making "loss of milliseconds" a non-issue; the seasoned speed typer is not affected by pressing down on keys, as they jab it gives their fingers a workout, this results in increased efficiency and accuracy as muscle memory comes into play.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Last edited:

akhi216

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe Samsung continues to sell millions of their Android devices all while having terrible radios. I'm not saying it's not possible, just that I feel we would have been made more aware of the issue at some point.

I have read about problems they've had with GPS in the past, but the last 2 devices they've released have been fine according to the reviews I've read.

Would you mind providing us with the Verizon testers results that prove the Nexus is having connectivity issues?

The thing is that Samsung makes like 3-4 more devices than any other manufacturer thus naturally they will sell more. Another thing is that a carrier rep isn't gonna tell people that the radios on one of their devices suck if they show interest in a particular phone due to them seeing $. It's a testament that many people tend to prefer prettier screens (cartoony screens IMO). Probably the biggest reason that Samsung Android devices sell well aside from them flooding the market with them is that Samsung is a household name, a world leader in the electronics industry, thus their reputation can sell phones by itself...this is why Google went with them for the Nexus phone two years in a row.

As always, my speculations are purely subjective.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Last edited:

BlownSi05

Reaction score
I am scratching my head trying to decide which phone to get with my upgrade. I know that I am ditching my iPhone 4; I like being able to make the phone "my own" with Android as opposed to being just an Apple "Sheep" with the iPhone. The G Nexus to me almost seems like it will be too big after looking at the Bionic. The Razr not having a removable battery has already pushed me away from that phone. For some reason, I keep falling back to the Bionic.

Vito.a

Reaction score
My wife has been using a Samsung Droid Charge for a few months. The call quality both incoming and outgoing is superb. I can tell immediately when she calls me on her Charge as it is crystal clear.
She did have an issue getting the GPS to work, but everything else on the Charge is top notch. She leaves it in 4G and it does drain the battery very fast when viewing the internet.

Samsung works very hard on quality in there other products. My daughter just purchased a new Samsung refrigerator and it is recognized as one of the very best. They were leaders in integrating microprocessors into refrigerators. I also saw their LED-LCD televisions were rated very high in reviews (one of the top three).

I would say build quality on the Nexus is going to be at or very near the top.
Like several others have said, I will wait until I can see both the Nexus and the Razr first hand and then decide. Also, if you wait a few weeks the price usually drops.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am scratching my head trying to decide which phone to get with my upgrade. I know that I am ditching my iPhone 4; I like being able to make the phone "my own" with Android as opposed to being just an Apple "Sheep" with the iPhone. The G Nexus to me almost seems like it will be too big after looking at the Bionic. The Razr not having a removable battery has already pushed me away from that phone. For some reason, I keep falling back to the Bionic.

While I won't tell you what to purchase, I would suggest passing on the Bionic for now and waiting just a few weeks so you can at least test out the 3 devices coming out in November, I imagine at least one will match your needs.

BlownSi05

Reaction score
While I won't tell you what to purchase, I would suggest passing on the Bionic for now and waiting just a few weeks so you can at least test out the 3 devices coming out in November, I imagine at least one will match your needs.

I agree totally, which is what I am doing. I wish the DX2 was 4G capable; loved my original Droid X.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The DX2 has a terrible screen, I would stay clear.

tommyg562000

Reaction score
The DX2 has a terrible screen, I would stay clear.

Terrible screen? Its the best screen available if you work outside most of the time. I think the amoleds suck, they are so over saturated.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
So if you work outside all the time pick up a X2, if you do anything else don't.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The pentile screens really aren't bad to some people, Liderc. I still don't see why you keep trying to show that to everyone when each person has their own opinion on them.

mistermojorizin

Reaction score
having looked at a few of the motorola phones only the bionic looked retarded with the pentile screen...i didn't even know the other ones had pentile screens. so it's all in the implementation

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't dislike Pentile screens Arkbird, just the ones Motorola have used.

Hell, the G-Nexus' screen uses a Pentile Matrix and it's amazing because of it's increase in resolution. This makes it use less power and still look great inside and outside.

There's a reason Motorola went with an 4.3'' RGB screen with the Razr, they knew it had gone on long enough.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
having looked at a few of the motorola phones only the bionic looked retarded with the pentile screen...i didn't even know the other ones had pentile screens. so it's all in the implementation

That's because Motorola jacked the PenTile algorithms up on the Bionic. I just read that the RAZR's screen actually looks quite well, so does the G-Nex from some screen comparisons I've seen. I think the Bionic was the phone to set of the whole PenTile fiasco. I had the Bionic for about 3 days and once someone mentioned it I started to see the individual pixels, I returned it though due to the high pitch whine through the headphone jack and because the PenTile display was starting to eat away at me.