How is the build/call/speaker quality?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Hey all,

About to go buy this from Letstalk. This is the first phone since my first (2002) that I haven't gone in to look at.

Performance wise I know it's going to great so I don't mind. But what I'm wondering about is the quality. It's moto so I'm expecting it to be good, but just want to make sure. Also how is call quality and the speaker?

I have a OG Droid, so I'm hoping it can meet with it.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The phone feels like normal high quality moto device. The only thing I didn't like was the chin is like shiny plastic almost(couldn't tell if it's just painted metal or not), it's dark silver but makes the bottom chin look cheap.

The speaker is great, reminded me of the OG's.

Call quality was pretty good, except a few people had a slight "tin can" sound.

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
Give it an hour or so. My phone lost 3g for about 3 hours today right after I had it activated.

Spydaz

Reaction score
Having nothing but praise for this droid. Just returned my droid 3 for this. No more LAG!! This is by far the best Droid ever & i have been on android since the G1 on tmobile.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Call quality was pretty good. Speaker is great. I still can't get the back open so I guess that means the build quality is good.

lol Ark.

Did ya try pulling from the slot on the top? Little notch you pull on.

OP
tjk629

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
How is that back? I've heard it's pretty flimsy.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It feels good while it's on the phone, when it's by itself, it feels a little flimsy.

moset

Reaction score
I'm l loving it so far, feels like MOTO. Speaker phone volume seemed a bit low, but only made one call. Music sound quality is Better better than D1. Zumocast works great using local Wifi but my Mifi internet is to slow, no 4G for me. No complaints with the display either.
Battery life may be an issue even without 4G. Yes I have it turned off. Time will tell.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
tjk629

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Cool.

Getting ready to place the order with Lets Talk. Not a huge fan that for six months I have to keep the phone active on my number. BUT I get a Bionic for $175 SO I guess it works out.