How is the ballistic nylon holding up?

TatDroid

Reaction score
Have had mine since release day (10/30/14). Totally naked - no case or screen protector. No sign of any wear anywhere. Still looks like the day it came out of the box.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
As far as the lint situation.. If you're running a case, like the defender or commuter and a screen protector.. It gathers in the corners and in the speaker grill and under the phone it gets trapped by the case..it doesn't stick to the phone...or at least not mine..

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for all the feedback everyone, much appreciated. I went ahead and ordered this guy last night. Should be here in a few days.

uploadfromtaptalk1438351156129.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You won't regret it. Human nature though.... You buy this year's corvette, look at next year's, and say to yourself "dang, that one has an extra cup holder....".
You got the best phone out there. solve the SD card problem by getting a on the go device for backups. 64 gigs is plenty storage for all your music (1600 songs on mine, apps, pics, videos, less than half my space used).
Next year's phone will always have extra cup holders.
That's what upgrades are for :)

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
True, very true. I already have a OTG USB drive that I use once in a while with my Maxx. The Turbo is a 32GB model, and that's plenty for me. My Maxx is a 16GB and I have 4GB free. I listen to more streaming music than the 8GB that's on the phone. I don't take many pics, the wife takes around 1000 per month, so no need for me to take pics. I know the new Droid will be out later this Fall, but I am OK with a Turbo until this time next year and then that itch for a new phone starts again.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
SD card problem by getting a on the go device for backups. 64 gigs is plenty storage for all your music (1600 songs on mine, apps, pics, videos, less than half my space used).

Speak for yourself! Though, generally, I have about 40 gigs for music and is enough for my favorites to listen offline, and then I can use Google Music if need be for the rest of my collection. Gym even has wifi, so not a huge deal. I still prefer to have all my music on my phone, but oh well.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to the turbo...where we get the fastest updates....about 10 months late?!? And you can count on it?? I think. .

Anyhow..enjoy the metallic blue..looks sharp

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend the Mofo root. Wireless tether works great! Ad blocker is decent (you should have seen the annoying, FULL PAGE pop-up for Droidforums - multiple, it was horrendous) but not flawless.

It''s running really solid for me. Xposed has helped me revert some changes/features I didn't want to see in Lollipop. Now if I can just get the damn "Clear" button on notifications to appear at the top instead of the bottom.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to the club man!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
New Moto update came out yesterday. Well, came to me I should say, other may have it already.
New feature added for Moto Assist, sort of an almost Tasker like feature.
You can now configure your phone how to behave notification wise based on ANY location you want to add.

I added my son's Tae Kwon Do class yesterday because, yea, i sometimes for get to silence it.
Neat!

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
New Moto update came out yesterday. Well, came to me I should say, other may have it already.
New feature added for Moto Assist, sort of an almost Tasker like feature.
You can now configure your phone how to behave notification wise based on ANY location you want to add.

I added my son's Tae Kwon Do class yesterday because, yea, i sometimes for get to silence it.
Neat!
You mean a second update since lollipop?
And, is this feature like smart actions on the razr maxx?

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hmm..... Have had that since I got the phone. I don't see any "Tasker like" features on it.
I like it alright, but I do miss smart actions. I'm on this version of lollipop
1586d3161558b391d957c8c109c8fd2d.jpg