How is the ballistic nylon holding up?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Wierd. Never had one issue with that.
I should have asked VZW to send me the blue Turbo. :)

TapaTurbo

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
When I had similar issues with my Droid Maxx and the 5.1 watch update you said "get a Turbo". Now I have a Turbo. Guess I found the common denominator, I have a finicky watch. Running good now though.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That metallic blue looks pretty spiffy...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
How did the changeover go, Sajo?

In all the times I've switched phones or FDR'ed, ONE time did my phone truly restore itself bringing over EVERY app from the previous OS install. Doesn't look like it's going to this time either.
Le sigh...

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
How did the changeover go, Sajo?

In all the times I've switched phones or FDR'ed, ONE time did my phone truly restore itself bringing over EVERY app from the previous OS install. Doesn't look like it's going to this time either.
Le sigh...

Pretty painless & simple. I backed up all my pics, music & important files to my laptop. I turned off the Backup Apps & Data option on the old phone and then turned it off. Popped my SIM in the new phone & activated....with no Google account. As soon as it activated I downloaded 5.1 and let it update, then did a FDR and activated a second time with my Google account and started downloading & setting up my apps a few at a time. Pretty smooth. Battery life is not as good as I expected, but that's probably because of 5.1.....and using the phone quite a bit to get used to it.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Not one of my apps came over.... *sigh.

I personally like it better that way. takes longer to set up, but I pick & choose which apps I want. I normally find that I don't need all of the apps I had on the previous phone...at least not right away. I add them over time if I do have a need. That's just me though, if you want them to automatically download & they don't then that would be a bummer. Hope you have fun!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I always do a premptive uninstall of any apps I don't want to carry over.
That ONE time I did an FDR for my Gallery issues and every app reinstalled...I was ecstatic. Nice bragging point for the iTunes crowd. Backup and Restore with a computer?!?! We don't need no stinking computer! :p