How is everyone liking the Bionic? Thinking about upgrading.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

FuturePrimitive

Reaction score
I'm loving mine so far. Came from an OG Droid and I *LOVED* that phone, the Bionic is a worthy successor. I almost didn't get it because when I went to the VZW store to check one out I really didn't like the screen. I guess I'm one of *those* people. Coming from the D1 the pentile screen on the Bionic did not look great to me at all. However, I bought one anyway and since then I guess I've gotten used to it and don't notice it as much anymore. I think it was just viewing the 2 phones side by side it was pretty obvious, it looks like viewing a screen through a very fine mesh. Its more noticeable on some things/images than others. The camera is a non-issue for me. I've probably taken 2 dozen phone pictures in my life, going back to my first phone with a camera, Nokia 3650. It's just not something I ever do for some reason. I guess being married to a photographer I never have need to use a phone camera. (Although it is easier to carry around than my wife ;-) )

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
ahhhhhh!!! ok so we now have confirmation that the touchscreen issues are faulty digitizers.
I'm SO glad to have that answer now!!!

Sorry it happened to you, but the silver lining to that cloud is that you're on this forum and able to help others :)

We owe you a THANK YOU for putting up with that.. I hope the replacement is 100% once you get it.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
ahhhhhh!!! ok so we now have confirmation that the touchscreen issues are faulty digitizers.
I'm SO glad to have that answer now!!!

Sorry it happened to you, but the silver lining to that cloud is that you're on this forum and able to help others :)

We owe you a THANK YOU for putting up with that.. I hope the replacement is 100% once you get it.
Thanks! I only wonder why it goes haywire when I try to charge it and not any other time. This doesn't happen to you when you charge yours and try to type or use the touch screen?

And Verizon better give me a replacement, I've had this phone since release!

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Just plugged in and typing fine it seems.
I usually charge at night so haven't tested this yet but no unexpected characters so far.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
If you have ANY doubts, about the touch screen, exchange it now before the refurbished ones start being the one you will receive. I have no issues with it.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just plugged in and typing fine it seems.
I usually charge at night so haven't tested this yet but no unexpected characters so far.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
I can't even unlock the phone when's it charging. When I try to swipe my unlock gesture it messes up horribly. I have to unplug it to unlock my phone.

BTW OP, this is not a widespread problem so don't let it go against you getting the Bionic.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I can't even unlock the phone when's it charging. When I try to swipe my unlock gesture it messes up horribly. I have to unplug it to unlock my phone.

BTW OP, this is not a widespread problem so don't let it go against you getting the Bionic.

Exchange!