How is everyone liking the Bionic? Thinking about upgrading.

wingdo

Reaction score
My girlfriend is finally looking to ditch AT&T and her feature phone for a VZW Android phone. I have a TBolt at the moment, but she just wants a Android 4G phone and really likes mine. So I have the opportunity to have her buy the Bionic at Costco along with the free docks / battery package they are offering and I can just give her my TBolt and all the accessories I have (same ones as are in the Costco package for the Bionic).

I am just wondering how people are enjoying the Bionic. I like the TBolt, but I do miss the feel of my old D1 and the Bionic seems to have a feel *I* like.

How is everyone enjoying theirs now? Any major issues (aside from the expected short battery life)?

h1br1d7heory

Reaction score
I had the OG DROID, then the DROID Pro before this. BY FAR the BEST experience I have ever had from a phone!!! Totally lives up to its expectations!!

OP
wingdo

wingdo

Reaction score
That's all great to hear. I was originally hoping for the Bionic, but with all the push backs of the dates, I ended up with the TBolt. My GF loves my phone and wanted to get one for herself. Having her get the Bionic and then doing a number swap seemed like a no brainer as long as people were liking the Bionic.

I like the TB, but I truly miss the feel of a Moto device.

Droid_Fanatic

Reaction score
While I really like my Bionic, I would like to make a suggestion. Do not base decisions on people's opinions. If interested in the Bionic go check it out, if still interested make the purchase. You have a period of time that you can test it for yourself and return it if you decide the phone is not for you. Sorry if this comes off differently than intended but the idea is that we all have different likes and dislikes therefore only you can make that decision. Now I will say that I have had no major problems with mine. I will also say that I have not found a reason to feel that I should return it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
wingdo

wingdo

Reaction score
I understand your point and it is well taken. But since the Bionic would be bought for one account (not mine) and then switched over to my account, taking the phone back if I am unhappy with it would be a bit of a hassle.

I am not really looking for opinions like "motoblur / ninjablur / miniblur / somethingorother-blur sucks, I want plain Vanilla". What I am looking for is whether 4G is more stable on the Bionic (it's not so much on my TBolt). Whether there are issues with the physical keys. You know, the basic lines of "wow this is a problem a lot of people are having".

I've been running Android since the day the OG was released, and am quite capable of dealing with rooting to remove blur if I choose. Again, I am looking for issues people are having with the hardware itself. The only reason I stuck with the TB as opposed to returning it is I needed the 4G hotspot functionality as it has allowed me to not need a 4G MiFi device. Yes, I pay for unlimited data and unlimited hotspot data.

camaro1173

Reaction score
Moved up from the original Droid and all I have to stay is that you will not be disappointed at all I love it fast no lag screen in my eye's is great.

yiannis

Reaction score
My girlfriend is finally looking to ditch AT&T and her feature phone for a VZW Android phone. I have a TBolt at the moment, but she just wants a Android 4G phone and really likes mine. So I have the opportunity to have her buy the Bionic at Costco along with the free docks / battery package they are offering and I can just give her my TBolt and all the accessories I have (same ones as are in the Costco package for the Bionic).

I am just wondering how people are enjoying the Bionic. I like the TBolt, but I do miss the feel of my old D1 and the Bionic seems to have a feel *I* like.

How is everyone enjoying theirs now? Any major issues (aside from the expected short battery life)?

The only reasons I would discourage someone from buying the Bionic are the following :

1) You are looking for stellar still pictures capture or viewing (video is great). The still photos leave a lot to be desired and the screen is just way too bright and sometimes posterizes shadows. The sub-pixel grid pattern is rarely an annoyance.

2) you plan to use your phone very heavily and will not have access to battery chargers during daytime. 40 minutes of still site (no video or flash) eat up 15 of standard battery.

3) You don't have LTE in your area.

Caesarg

Reaction score
Luvin it!

Got the phone in the am from Costco on day 1. So far I absolutely love the phone. I also had an OG Droid prior to the bionic. I really have no complaints. The phone out and out flies. Now this is in comparison to an OG. The biggest thing I have seen people complain about is the screen but I personally and this is only my opinion, do not see what the problem is. I have used a magnifying glass and have not been able to see any jagged edges or whatever else people have seen. Now I am older and do wear glasses but I would hope I am not that bad.

So....with all that said...I would still agree with the post that said to go in and try it first. Everyone has their own opinion but it is just that, their opinion. When all is said and done it is only your opinion that counts.

Good luck.

mandragora

Reaction score
I also moved from OG to Bionic. So far it has been great. Very snappy. No Lag. No Waiting. dancedroid

SANhacker

Reaction score
To the OP,
You may want to scroll down and look at some of the closed threads in this forum.