How important is lte or 4g to you?

nova77

Reaction score
Is any one going to leave vzw if the sgs2 comes without lte, and go to say tmobile? Or if for some reason it doesn't come to vzw at all?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Regardless, I am going back to Sprint for my next phone. Verizon has a little bit better coverage, but their customer service and cost sucks.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

King_Bean

Reaction score
I care very little about 4G because 3G on Verizon is plenty fast for my needs. Thus, the S2 (Verizon version) lacking 4G would not really decrease its appeal in my eyes.

However, like the guy above me, I'm thinking of jumping ship to Sprint. IF I do that, then I would care about 4G a lot more b/c Sprint's 3G is not as fast as Verizon's in my area. It's noticeably slower. Thus, if I switch to Sprint, I would definitely prefer a phone with 4G (I live in a 4G city).

intrepidpursuit

Reaction score
I care very much about 4G because although it is not yet in my area I'm confident it will be sorely missed before my contract is up.

evileyefox

Reaction score
I used lte 4g and it is very nice.
If the galaxy s2 had great battery life using 4g I would definitely stay.

If it's anything like the current crop of 4g verizon phones, not so much.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I have no interest in LTE at all.
3G is plenty fast, and by seeing how terrible battery life is on 4G LTE phones, it might be good.

Drosul

Reaction score
Simply put: If it's not 4g, I'd rather get the charge over it , or more likely, the Bionic.

If it does get Verizon 4g LTE on it however, the GSII will be the single best US phone this year, easily. As far as battery issues go, meh, my first two purchases are always the biggest SD card I can shove in there, and the biggest battery I can shove in there... I actually prefer to have a bit of weight to my phones.

Reaction score
Important if all tiered data is gonna be the same price... they are charging us more for something that's cheaper and better? Fun times, but I'm prolly best getting closer to my money's worth... lol

You have just been post pwned

broderp

Reaction score
If the Verizon 4G LTE is comparable to the others 4G, then I could care less about it now. There are no services runing at true 4G speeds that I am aware of.

4G: Myth Vs. Reality - Technology News Story - WKMG Orlando

and a visual:

http://money.cnn.com/2010/12/01/technology/4g_myth/index.htm

Until such time the infrastructure and/or technology gets to the point it can deliver the rated speeds for 4G, then its all hype. :icon_ banana:

I opted for a 3G phone (Samsung Facinate) for this reason. I've been with Verizon for just over 3-4 weeks. The person I spoke to told me TRUE 4G speeds will not be around for at least a 18 months to 2 years, if then. By then I will be ready for anew phone anyways. So I opted to save my money and get a 3G phone.

Last edited:

Snow02

Reaction score
If the Verizon 4G LTE is comparable to the others 4G, then I could care less about it now. There are no services runing at true 4G speeds that I am aware of.

and a visual:

http://money.cnn.com/2010/12/01/technology/4g_myth/index.htm

Until such time the infrastructure and/or technology gets to the point it can deliver the rated speeds for 4G, then its all hype. :icon_ banana:

I opted for a 3G phone (Samsung Facinate) for this reason. I've been with Verizon for just over 3-4 weeks. The person I spoke to told me TRUE 4G speeds will not be around for at least a 18 months to 2 years, if then. By then I will be ready for anew phone anyways. So I opted to save my money and get a 3G phone.

LTE is 10-20x faster than 3G on average. You took an L if you just signed up and got the fascinate.

broderp

Reaction score

and a visual:

4G is a myth (and a confusing mess) - Dec. 1, 2010

LTE is 10-20x faster than 3G on average. You took an L if you just signed up and got the fascinate.

Not from what I saw at the Verizon store and read. What does "you took an L" mean anyways?

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
On the charge I tested where I live, the 4G speeds were at least 20 times faster.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score

and a visual:

4G is a myth (and a confusing mess) - Dec. 1, 2010

Not from what I saw at the Verizon store and read. What does "you took an L" mean anyways?

L = loss. It would be the opposite of ftw.

i3izkit12

Reaction score
I agree with these guys. Though it may not be "true" 4G speed, LTE speeds are literally a 20 fold increase over 3G and if people don't think that's significant... Well I really don't have much to say.