How does the X handle sweat and heat?

TheCheeks

Reaction score
So the last rave I went to I sweated so much that my Blackberry Curve 8330 stopped working. It booted up and all, but NONE of the physical keys worked. I believe the amount of sweat and heat screwed it up.

How does the X handle? Worse comes to worse I'll try to find one of my old phones and probably call Verizon and switch my phone for the night next weekend.

Ecsa0014

Reaction score
My X has held up well to sweat and heat. I work out in the GA heat and sweat a good bit because of it. I've never had problems using my phone while sweating. I've never got the phone drenched or anything but many times after using it I've noticed a fair amount of sweat on the screen and front of the phone.

OP
T

TheCheeks

Reaction score
Ok I'll keep that in mind. Normally I would think about avoiding bring the X with me but I really want to use the camera/camcorder.

zonaRSX

Reaction score
I sweat more than the average human lol and haven't noticed a problem. It is hard to swype text when the phone is covered in sweat. And you gotta clean the screen after a good sweaty talk. But it holds up for now.

Just depends if the sweaty screen on the side of your face is going to bother you. I'll have to start using speaker

DaRkL3AD3R

Reaction score
This thread is full of gross.

Also, don't keep your phone on you if you're planning on getting drenched lol. I workout mon-fri at a military base near my home and I don't even bring my phone to the fort. I go there with an intent, and have no need for my phone during the 2 hour process. Why risk damaging it so you can text your friend how sick the party is? A true friend would be there raving with you ;)

OP
T

TheCheeks

Reaction score
This thread is full of gross.

Also, don't keep your phone on you if you're planning on getting drenched lol. I workout mon-fri at a military base near my home and I don't even bring my phone to the fort. I go there with an intent, and have no need for my phone during the 2 hour process. Why risk damaging it so you can text your friend how sick the party is? A true friend would be there raving with you ;)
Read. I wanted to bring it for camera/camcorder purposes. Might have to bug friends to borrow a camera.

DaRkL3AD3R

Reaction score
Sorry Cheeks only read the first post. Personally though I would say if its a dark rave (what rave isn't?) then you may as well just bring a point and shoot. The sensor on our phones is waaay too small to handle dark shots with any decency. It wouldn't be worth the effort sadly :(

Good luck with your sweaty endeavors though!

OP
T

TheCheeks

Reaction score
Sorry Cheeks only read the first post. Personally though I would say if its a dark rave (what rave isn't?) then you may as well just bring a point and shoot. The sensor on our phones is waaay too small to handle dark shots with any decency. It wouldn't be worth the effort sadly :(

Good luck with your sweaty endeavors though!
Well it's considered more of a 'massive' than a rave, they go ALL OUT on lights. I took some decent videos/pics at the last one I went to but it was outdoors and I was sober so I knew the sweat/heat ratio wouldn't be as bad as the indoor one that broke my Curve. Actually, I can't believe I forgot about this, but I have a Sony Cybershot (pretty ****ing thin). Guess I'll switch to my old beat Storm1 or Chocolate1 for the weekend, just as long as I can make calls if needed.

Still was wondering what kind of stress this (very expensive) phone can take.

kendubya

Reaction score
sweat and electronics just don't mix....use a BT headset...cheaper and easier to replace a sweat drenched BT headset than a phone...

Jamb

Reaction score
Sweat to the Droid is like Kyrptonite to Superman, :icon_eek: not good and will severly damage it like anyother phone.