DROID X: how does it work with Ford's SYNC system?

iron man unit 007

Reaction score
My original DROID works great with SYNC and can place calls, USB connect for recharge and music, as well as Bluetooth stream.

I would suspect the Droid X should be the same with SYNC, but was curious if anyone here with the Droid X and SYNC could post how it's working.

And yes I know that SYNC and stink rhyme, :) I'm not a huge SYNC fan myself but it does have its uses.

dancedroid

mtroumbly

Reaction score
Ford SYNC

I just used sync with my Droid X today. It works flawlessly. The X also syncs text messaging!!!

kpiskin

Reaction score
Actually, I am a little confused. With my DX so far I have used bluetooth for phone calls pretty flawlessly. However, if I plug it into the USB, my phone won't charge, it just maintains the charge level it's at. If I want to charge I still need to plug into the 12v. I have also noticed that if I plug into line in for music with bluetooth on, it won't work. Will the phone feed music to the stereo via bluetooth? I didn't think it could do that. I'm still learning so maybe I am not doing something correctly.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually, I am a little confused. With my DX so far I have used bluetooth for phone calls pretty flawlessly. However, if I plug it into the USB, my phone won't charge, it just maintains the charge level it's at. If I want to charge I still need to plug into the 12v. I have also noticed that if I plug into line in for music with bluetooth on, it won't work. Will the phone feed music to the stereo via bluetooth? I didn't think it could do that. I'm still learning so maybe I am not doing something correctly.

Yes, but you have to tell SYNC to do Bluetooth streaming. I can't remember the exact command.

kpiskin

Reaction score
Okay that's great then. I thought I would have to plug the phone into line in. I thought it would suck that I could listen to Pandora but then not have bluetooth to make calls. I will look it up in my manual. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

kpiskin

Reaction score
I actually just chatted with sync support and supposedly I can just tell sync "bluetooth audio" and it should stream my music that way. Can't wait to try it after work.

StreamlineGT

Reaction score
I just got my X on Saturday, and it works great for me. I can listen to my visual voice mail messages on Sync, as well as youtube videos. I still have yet to load any music on my X, so I have no first hand experience on that.

kpiskin

Reaction score
It does work incredibly well. Tried it on my way home from work today and have to say the combination between my DX and Sync just makes for a very pleasant ride home. I was listening to Pandora and AORadio and it worked perfectly. And it's really nice not requiring cables or cords of any sort except for maybe power if you need that.

Reaction score
old thread... but DroidX does Ford SYNC very well. Even reads text messages. Have yet to find a custom bloat-free ROM that works with the text messages but it's probably only a matter of time.

screwby

Reaction score

Yes, but you have to tell SYNC to do Bluetooth streaming. I can't remember the exact command.

Yes once your droid is connected go to menu>select source>bluetooth audio in the sync system and you're done!

royroddey

Reaction score

"bluetooth audio"