How Do You Remove The Voicemail Icon From The Notifications?

C3-PO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V20
When I hit "clear" in my notifications window, everything clears except for the Voicemail icon. For some reason, this annoys me to no end, don't know why. Anyway, is there a way to get it go away without actually checking the voicemail? Even if I could get it to just not show up at all would be great. Thanks!

backlash

Reaction score
Only way I've been able to get it to go away is to check the voicemail. I think most phones are like that though.

silvere2

Reaction score
Either check your voicemail, or if it's still there after that...

It's a bug, same thing happened to me. Came from using google voice. Disable google voice, login to your voicemail. Make sure that all the voicemails really are deleted. Then re-enable google voice. That should fix it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Only way I've been able to get it to go away is to check the voicemail. I think most phones are like that though.

Agreed. What if you had an important voicemail, but didn't know it was important and clicked clear on your notifications and went about your day only to find out someone you care about had been in a terrible accident or something?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last week, the only way I could remove the icon was to check voice mail. I imagine that the phone companies are thinking that the device is a phone and therefore they feel compelled that let us know we have uulistened to voice message

Mike