How do you remove a root???

littlegrayfeather

Reaction score
How to remove a root.. Superuser is super frustrating! Help! I can't get rid of it with factory reset..it keeps everything I install even after I uninstall it. All things that have been through my phone get saved and my memory is very low now even after ending managing running applications etc. I want to get rid of everything and just reboot the phone to original!
Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

OP
L

littlegrayfeather

Reaction score
I tried a master reset, and the phone came up with 2 errors,.and it would not reset.
Can't open/cache/recovery/command
Can't open/cache/recovery/calender
Now I'm confused.. still new to this phone, have had some things going on lately and only now have gotten back to trying to restore it. I'd really appreciate any comments :)

OP
L

littlegrayfeather

Reaction score
Ok, master rest did not remove anything, got past the errors.. I've lost some files to folders that they don't belong in, thoroughly frustrated!

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Sounds like u need to unroot. I don't have a pro but know a bit about root access so I can try.... first how did you root the device?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

c.r.ayala

Reaction score
Why would u want to remove root I don't understand? But if u just want to reset it to clear memory boot into recovery and do a wipe of data and cache

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

google123

Reaction score
What did you use to Root the device? If you used Z4 Root, there is an Unroot button in the app that will remove Root. Also, you can search for and try to reinstall back to factory fresh state using the Droid Pro SBF that is available in the stickies. Good Luck.

zenivzen

Reaction score
out of curiosity do you plan to root again?
i have been considering rooting but am not totally confident in doing so.
Just wondering if you feel that this little setback is a technicality and something easy to overcome or if it has changed your perspective on rooting completely.
Please let me know?

android_FTW

Reaction score
I used z4root to root, but now want to unroot. I unrooted with z4root and deleted all files having to do with the root, but now whenever I reboot, it goes into clockworkmod recovery. I do not get how it can do that!? the droid doesn't even have dxbootstrap anymore!! how could it possibly reboot into recovery!?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Sounds like you are going to have to use the SBF file and go back to factory that way to make sure everything is removed properly. And then just leave your phone alone and keep it factory and avoid this happening again. Check the sticky of the forum for the file and instructions on how to use it.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
When you get loaded back up you open and log into the market and redownload them, it will save the ones you paid for.