How can I get rid of all this bloatware on my phone?

blacksoxing

Reaction score
I'm rooted (of course, got the superuser icon and all)

I wanna get rid of all this Verizon crap on my phone and some of this google stuff. When I go to uninstall, it says remove updates and not...uninstall.

Anything I need to do? Do I have to use command line to get rid of this crap?

And of course....if I gotta, when I unroot, can I get everything back to normal? I remember seeing a thread about restoring factory image I believe...

lazarus2297

Reaction score
You can to get a file manager app like root explorer and delete/rename the apk's you dont want or you get titanium back up and freeze apks tou dont want.. going back stock restores anything you have deleted anyway

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

MrKleen

Reaction score
Just go into apps... all... and disable what you don't want.

OP
B

blacksoxing

Reaction score
You can to get a file manager app like root explorer and delete/rename the apk's you dont want or you get titanium back up and freeze apks tou dont want.. going back stock restores anything you have deleted anyway

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

I forgot I bought TIBU

Freezing the apks....can you briefly explain what that does?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I forgot I bought TIBU

Freezing the apks....can you briefly explain what that does?

It doesn't get rid of them from storage, but they don't run or take up memory.

I thought ICS had this feature.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
B

blacksoxing

Reaction score
No idea yet if ICS has it native....but I want these apps removed more than frozen I reckon.

I don't even wanna look at 'em!

Root explorer shall be downloaded....

yomomma7826

Reaction score
Just go to settings>apps>all then find the app you no longer want, click on it. Then hit disable and agree to the warning. It uses the same feature Titanium Backup.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

yomomma7826

Reaction score
Sorry ahead for double post. But I recommend freezing them. Just because they don't show up in the app drawer, and they are all the way at the bottom of the app section in settings (after you disabled them). So you won't see them, but sometimes disabling or removing can cause force closures with other apps, so its nice to be able to revert easily.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Before deleting any apps perform a nandroid backup.

To remove apps get root explorer. OPen it and go into systems, apps. On the right click "mount r/w" . The click and hold on the app you want to delete. A white box pops up. Click delete and you are done.

Bye bye App.

There are only 3 bloat apps: My vzw, Backup assistance, verizon login. You need verizon login in order to use nfl mobile. The other 2 is up to you. I personally dont use back up assistance.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
On blurred devices like the d2, dx, etc if you removed bloatware your ota will not go through. This is a nexus so I am sure that you can install the ota manually with out bloatware. So as long as you perform a nandroid backup first you will be fine.