Remove root

snowboardpunk

Reaction score
So I have a couple problems with the droid x both rooted and unrooted. So I'm sending it in to get a replacement and was wondering how do I get rid of root. If I do a factory reset will that get rid of root?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
A factory reset will still leave you rooted but you can pick up z4root and use it to unroot.

tappin and a talkin

OP
S

snowboardpunk

Reaction score
K thanks and if I unroot and restore to factory settings will that remove all traces of my root and of liberty?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya that should suffice. If you really want to get crazy you could sbf it but that's probably not necessary.

tappin and a talkin

OP
S

snowboardpunk

Reaction score
Ok so I unrooted and restored to factory settings but my rom is still on there. Is there a way to remove it or change my phone like it wad straight from the box.

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Is it just boot logo or does it say liberty in about phone

sent from stock dx

OP
S

snowboardpunk

Reaction score
the boot logo says it. Liberty background and settings r still here and wen I gogoto settings it says liberty settings

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
What does it say on your system version on about phone

sent from stock dx

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Did you restore a stock backup then unroot then factory reset or did u factory reset while still running liberty

sent from stock dx

OP
S

snowboardpunk

Reaction score
The kernel is 2.6.32.9 and it says I'm running liberty 1.5 under rom. And I did the factory reset while running liberty.

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Im not an expert but what I believe u have to do is reroot with z4 then install bootstrapper also did you make a nandroid backup of your stockrom if not u r going to have to sbf back to stock tbh has a full .340

sent from stock dx

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
I just went back to stock from liberty by flashing my stock rooted backup and flashed a stock boot logo zip

sent from stock dx

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
just get the sbf out of my signature and run it, there are tutorials everywhere on here spazz has a good one on the dx in his signature which is the same as the d2 pretty much bc idk which phone you have but the sbf in my sig. is for the d2....that will put you back to just like the phone was out of the box imo thats the easiest thing to do

OP
S

snowboardpunk

Reaction score
K thanks guys. I just used the sbf. I also called to get a replacement and there sending me a refurb. Should I push for a new one? It hasnt been 30 days since I got it but it is my second replacement. So can I still get a new device?