How do you make pictures or video private...

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can put them in a folder on the sd card whose name begins with a period like .vids or .Pics

Then you can view them but they won't appear in the gallery.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
S

SBCHAMPS

Reaction score
I understand that part, but how do you move it once it is in the gallery?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What do you mean? Yo have to find it on the sd card and move it in to the other folder and then it should be gone from the gallery. If its still in there try restarting the phone.

OP
S

SBCHAMPS

Reaction score
When a picture is taken, the phone puts it in the gallery. How do you move it from the gallery to a secured location? Sorry, but I am asking for a new owner.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
When a picture is taken, the phone puts it in the gallery. How do you move it from the gallery to a secured location? Sorry, but I am asking for a new owner.

Assuming the instructions about a folder beginning with a period work look (thanks by the way), use a file manager app like Astro or root explorer, the former being free.

Sent from my Droid using DF app

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Are you asking how to make it so pictures taken on the phone immediately get stored in a secure location or how to move them there after the fact?

OP
S

SBCHAMPS

Reaction score

Are you asking how to make it so pictures taken on the phone immediately get stored in a secure location or how to move them there after the fact?

After the fact.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok so after the picture has been taken you have to use a file viewer app laike astro or whatever and find that picture on the sd card. Then you move that picture, not copy but move, to a folder starting with a period. When you do so the gallery won't find/ display it. You may have to restart the phone for the change to take effect. But it should no longer appear in the gallery.

Danii1003

Reaction score
I use vaulty free for all my private pics... they appear in the gallery at first but once you click share you can share or with vaulty and will no longer appear in you're gallery....just open vaulty put in your password and there go all your private pics

Sent from my DROIDX

jjfan71

Reaction score
You can put them in a folder on the sd card whose name begins with a period like .vids or .Pics

i made the new folder entitled .pics i tried doing it when i was hooked up to my comp and it wouldnt let me. i did it from my phone and now i cant find the folder! if i plug back in to the comp, it shows up. any suggestions on why i cant find it on the phone???:)

jjfan71

Reaction score

i made the new folder entitled .pics i tried doing it when i was hooked up to my comp and it wouldnt let me. i did it from my phone and now i cant find the folder! if i plug back in to the comp, it shows up. any suggestions on why i cant find it on the phone???:)
anyone have any input on this????:)

Reaction score
Where can't you find it, in the gallery or explorer?

Try Hide It Pro.

Sent from my rooted Galaxy Tab