How do you make default browser in 2.2 show regular pages and not mobile pages?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't use the stock browser because it doesn't have tabs and because you have to set desktop every time the browser opens. I recommend dolphin HD. xscope is another one to try.

anyway, in the stock browser type about:debug in the address bar. It might be about:config -- I forget. Once you've done that, go to the browser settings and you will be able to change the user agent string to desktop/computer.

But really, try dolphin hd out.

OP
Dragoro

Dragoro

Reaction score
I don't use the stock browser because it doesn't have tabs and because you have to set desktop every time the browser opens. I recommend dolphin HD. xscope is another one to try.

anyway, in the stock browser type about:debug in the address bar. It might be about:config -- I forget. Once you've done that, go to the browser settings and you will be able to change the user agent string to desktop/computer.

Ive used dolphin hd, but i got the flash beta that only works with the stock browser, so its dolphin and no flash or stock with flash.

Anyways, thanks for explaining how to do it!

scoder

Reaction score

It is about:debug, and the option in settings is UAString, change it to Desktop. And the stock browser can have up to 8 pages open at once.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, the stock browser is solid, but I open a ton of windows (tabs in dolphin hd) and I want to be able to see what I have open quickly, without having to navigate a menu system. With the stock browser, it's one too many "clicks"...annoyingly slow compared to dolphin hd or xscope

And who wants mobile sites? I want the user agent setting to persist on desktop. I think you have to root to have the stock browser do that.

harrellj

Reaction score
Ive used dolphin hd, but i got the flash beta that only works with the stock browser, so its dolphin and no flash or stock with flash.

Anyways, thanks for explaining how to do it!

I'm using Dolphin HD with flash with no problems (though I've only run into 2 instances of sites using flash while on the phone).

ChugIt

Reaction score
Menu>settings>user agent in Dolphin, set it to desktop. There is no need to mess with the config. Also, flash runs fine with it and I didn't do anything. It just works.

iPirate

Reaction score
If you do this on the stock browser can you watch hulu?

harrellj

Reaction score
Nope, from my understanding Hulu does not support mobile browsers period. Nothing to do with flash.

brochaos

Reaction score
something i just noticed, does the UAString setting only apply for that browsing session? i closed the browser and reopened it like 20 mins later and the "desktop" page i had loaded now came up as the "mobile" page.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
something i just noticed, does the UAString setting only apply for that browsing session? i closed the browser and reopened it like 20 mins later and the "desktop" page i had loaded now came up as the "mobile" page.

Right, unless you root, I think you can have the setting persist. Anyway, as mentioned, dolphin hd is better.