How do you kill the backup assistant??

droidx2010

Reaction score
My phone always gets a "backup assistant failed" message in the morning. How can I stop backup assistant? I have titanium for backups & don't need the verizon stuff.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
TB = Titanium Backup. At least that's the way he makes it sound. Just disable or remove backup assistant using titanium back up..

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score
TB = Titanium Backup. At least that's the way he makes it sound. Just disable or remove backup assistant using titanium back up..
I thought backup assistant was a Verizon application. If so, I can't remove it.

Rocky

Reaction score
Yeah, I froze all the safe-to-freeze VZW bloatware with TB—being rooted, of course.

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score
If you are using titanium back up I would assume you were rooted. Your not?
Used to be rooted over a year ago, not now. Kept TB since I thought it was cool. This only started happening a cple months ago. I removed TB the other day & still get the same error message "backup assistant failed". I'm sure it's the freak'n Verizon firmware you can't remove, but I could be wrong.
Any way to fix this?
Are there any programs out there that can remove the permanent apps like John Madden NFL, Blockbuster, verizon navigator, backup assistant, etc? To me this is all uneccessary crap no one uses & Blockbuster filed bk, go figure. You can use Redbox for a fraction of the cost.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
To remove and freeze apps you have to be rooted, if you just want BUA to just stop, go into accounts and select Back Up Assistant and tell it stop syncing, the options are in there somewhere.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I'm not sure why you're getting the BUA failed massage but try to go into settings and see if there are options you can check or uncheck that might fix it. I have never used it and never plan to so I don't know much about it.

If your phone is on ICS, then you can disable a lot of that bloatware by going into settings, apps then swipe to the far right screen to all apps. For each app you will be given the choice to uninstall, disable or it will be grayed out (if it is grayed out then it means it can't be either uninstalled or disabled). For some apps that you want to disable, you have to choose uninstall first to uninstall any app updates. Then you will need to select disable after the updates have uninstalled.

Unfortunately BUA is one of those bloatware apps that can't be disabled but NFL can be and many others.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums