How Do You Copy Text From An Email

pcrowell

Reaction score
Tried everything I can think of, but cannot seem to select and then copy text out of a GMail or other email account?

Anybody got ideas/workaround?

Pierce

pwo

Reaction score
Tried everything I can think of, but cannot seem to select and then copy text out of a GMail or other email account?

Pierce

Go here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...tions/1162-cut-copy-paste.html?highlight=copy

Please people start using the search option, then once resources are exhausted start new thread. When I give some of these answers it only takes me 30 seconds to find using search. 9 out of 10 these questions have been discussed. I read, lets all practice this and maintain a quality informative site... Please, Please :mad:

Hope this helps, and enjoy your Droid, I am...

Ask again

OP
P

pcrowell

Reaction score

Pierce

Go here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...tions/1162-cut-copy-paste.html?highlight=copy

Please people start using the search option, then once resources are exhausted start new thread. When I give some of these answers it only takes me 30 seconds to find using search. 9 out of 10 these questions have been discussed. I read, lets all practice this and maintain a quality informative site... Please, Please :mad:

Hope this helps, and enjoy your Droid, I am...

Ask again
Not so fast pwo...not an email I'm editing, but a GMail I've received???

If you answer use GMail through the browser, then I am limited by the visible lines in that case.

Even then, not fun switching apps, logging in, and then selecting only a few lines at a time...

Pierce

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
pcro..hold down the shift key on the keyboard and use your finger to highlight the text (it will turn pink)

Thats how you copy in gmail

pwo

Reaction score
Yeah man I tested and it works. Hold shift, highlight text(esier to start from bottom of selection and scroll figure upward). Droid will confirm that text is copied to clipboard. Then I press alt+a, and it went to reply screen. There you tap and hold until menu pops up, then select paste. Finish your message by adding other comments and such, then press done.

Also once text is copied to clipboard you can paste it anywhere ie: sticky notes, or contact notes, where ever you can input text.

OP
P

pcrowell

Reaction score
Yeah man I tested and it works. Hold shift, highlight text(esier to start from bottom of selection and scroll figure upward). Droid will confirm that text is copied to clipboard. Then I press alt+a, and it went to reply screen. There you tap and hold until menu pops up, then select paste. Finish your message by adding other comments and such, then press done.

Also once text is copied to clipboard you can paste it anywhere ie: sticky notes, or contact notes, where ever you can input text.
I can only get what is in the visible range...it will not scroll. Can you scroll the selection?

Pierce

pwo

Reaction score
Well, when I wrote the last post there, I was able to scroll and select txt with my finger. Now for some reason I can't get it to do it. Only able to get visable txt as you discribed. I know scrolling and selecting can be done, although I must have luck up and pressed the correct shift and whatever combo. just right the first time and have not been able to duplicate those motions or combo since. Strange? I know I tried everything just like I did before.

Maybe someone else on here has done it and can remember the exact button, motion press that allows this. Sorry man....

Anyone have input???????????????

rastico

Reaction score
I was able to hold down shift with my left hand, highlight text with my R pointer finger and without lifting the pointer off the screen use the dpad with my R pinky or index finger to scroll through the email and continue highlighting....

basically it's like playing twister with your fingers - but it worked.

to anyone else that is not so nimble or does not wish to "pull a hammy" trying to copy text out of an email... any other ideas?? any luck???

4iamdondon

Reaction score
Can't copy text within EMAIL Application

I have the DROIDx. I CANNOT COPY EMAIL TEXT FROM AN EXISTING EMAIL

Almost any phone I have had, upon receipt of a "meeting request" email you can either...
1 Simply accept it and somehow it creates an event for you in your calendar
or ...
2. You can at the very least simply copy the text to the clipboard and go create an event manually in your calendar.

From within the email (NOT GMAIL) I cannot copy the text. Nor can I find any work around for this.

I can hold the tap for 2 seconds with no change. There is no select text option from within an email. Upon selecting the menu (far bottom left ) button there is no option for "SELECT TEXT"

- However in the browser mode that is available. NOT during an email however.

Can someone please help a guy out. This is huge for me. I just returned my IPHONE4 to VERIZON over not being able to block calls. I need a little guidance here.

Thanks and God Bless

4iamdondon

Reaction score
I downloaded another Email app. Thisone has features that allow for select and copy. I sthill cannot find away to accept a meetimng request. This app does at least allowme to copy the email text such as addresses and other things.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App