Copy and paste from email app?

JonDroidX

Reaction score
Is there a way to copy and paste text from an email? I am using the default email app (not the gmail one).

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Troops2990

Reaction score
I don't know about the stock app but if you use K9 you can copy info from emails.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Touchdown (Exchange only) also recently implemented it own copy mode for selecting and copying text in email.

zenak

Reaction score
Hold down the shift key as you use your finger to select text in the email.. then long press on the selected text, it will ask you if you want to copy, etc...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just long press select copy and open a new message to test or browser and long prerss and tap paste

OP
J

JonDroidX

Reaction score
I dont have a shift key...

OP
J

JonDroidX

Reaction score
That works fine with things like phone numbers, addresses, numbers, etc.. But it doesnt work with just standard text

I just long press select copy and open a new message to test or browser and long prerss and tap paste

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
That works fine with things like phone numbers, addresses, numbers, etc.. But it doesnt work with just standard text

I have a rooted Droid. Which does not impact K9, Handcent, or AK Notepad. I am able to copy and paste text from these three apps without any issues. In fact, in the email notification that I just received alerting me to your post, I copied and pasted your entire post. To be clear, I needed to tap reply before I was able to copy.

Mike