How do you connect the droid X to the computer?

sasha101

Reaction score
How do you connect the droid X to the computer? I put the usb in and its not connecting. The droid x doesnt say anything

ccartertn

Reaction score
Put it in PC mode first and it will let you run setup on the PC from the drive and install drivers.
Then drag your notification bar down and change it to USB Mass Storage if you want to copy files to and from the phone.

This is how it worked with me tonight - I am using Vista.

CC

cL^_-

Reaction score
Windows 7 recognized it without anything special for me. I had it in Windows Media whatchamacall it mode. Did just fine. I am still having trouble with Media Player in XP. Had to download the Moto software.

07aspenx

Reaction score
Mine was the same. I'm using Win7 and all I had to do was connect the usb to my laptop and connected as a usb mass storage.

lastlion

Reaction score
Ok so I am new, long time blackberry user, trying to connect to computer. It say need to insert disk. NO disk than it says, look for solution , looked for solution no solution... Now I am a new member here, yeaaa I HOPE... LOL..

Whatever happened to the good old days when talking texting and email was enough?

Phillipsave

Reaction score
With Windows XP, I had to go to the Motorola web page and download their latest drivers. Very easy to find and do, took five minutes.

cL^_-

Reaction score
if you have WinXP, you have to download the drivers. They might be included in the packaging materials that came with the droid x. Windows 7 just recognized it. I think I had to have the droid x in usb mode. Cannot remember quite anymore.