can not connect with usb mass storage

eg92b16a2

Reaction score
I use to have the Droid 1 and was able to plug the usb cable between the computer and phone and able to see what is on my SD card.

I swapped out to a Droid X last week and now when I select the option on the droid USB mass storage the phone acts like it is connecting but keeps on looping thru the connecting process. I get the option install new Moto drivers or open up folder. I select driver and the computer hangs up. While the X just keeps connecting and disconnecting and notifying constantly. I tried it on another computer with XP64 same thing. I notice that all the computers I am trying to connect to has been used with the Droid 1. Is there a way to disconnect the old Droid 1 profile on these computers so that my new Droid X can connect with my computers?

I am able to connect PC option fine.
I am able to charge option fine.
I am able to connect media option fine. Can see what is on the card but there is only 2 folders music and pictures all my other folders does not show.

I installed the new moto connect drivers from motorola's website but that is not helping either.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't have a good solution to your issue, but I have one that will work just the same. You can purchase an app in the Market called WiFi Explorer Plus. You do need wifi, I kind of assume everyone has it these days but if you don't it will not work.

What it does is it will give you a web address to input into your computers browser. From there it's the exact same thing as accessing your SD card. Looks different but it is the same. I think it cost a buck, while you're waiting around for a better answer check it out.

barski

Reaction score
It sounds like a driver issue. I would try uninstalling the current drivers and download the ones in the link i provided. They maybe the same drivers but its possible one of your drivers are corrupt.

You also could also try it with your phone in debugging mode.
Settings>Applications>Development> and check USB debugging.

Motorola 4.7.1 Drivers

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree with all the above. It definately sounds like a driver issue. But usually if your computer picks up a different device it automatically installs the driver for that device and runs that program. I very rarely see a computer nowadays that won't install it for you.

Or go with hookbill's wifi app suggestion. I have used that program, works well.

And of course if all else fails it would be call warranty service time and explain issue. This resulting in a new phone shipped to you.

joeLENN1012

Reaction score
My Dx would connect fine with usb mass storage but it broke and when i got my replacement one last week it also will not connect to usb mass storage now....wierd