How do you comfortably hold the phone (in PORTRAIT) while it's plugged in charging?!

jboucheb

Reaction score
ok, i know that there is a very good reason for every design aspect of the phone.

I'm right-handed so naturally i like to hold the phone in my left hand and I use my right hand to navigate the phone.

but how in the world are you supposed to comfortably grip the phone in Portrait mode while you have it plugged in so that your battery doesn't die on you in 2 hours?!

I wish there was a way to navigate the home screen and the other screens in landscape mode. Is there a setting that i'm missing?

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I put the charging cable between my pinky and ring finger. Isn't comfortable but yeah, I wondered the same thing. If we're going to have this thing charging 90% of its life, why couldn't they have put the charger somewhere else? lol.......

bassmankc

Reaction score
Really? Just saying.... Maybe I just have big hands but I have no problems charging or not.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

sir2545

Reaction score
I have decided to switch hands and learn to use my right hand to text, in portrait mode anyway....kinda tough but I'll get used to it. The phone is worth it to me.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
I hold it in my right hanfand use my rift thumb usually. When I'm typing I use both hands. I probably got the habit of holding phones like this from my blackberry days long ago.

Dxun

Reaction score
DroidX was located in the same spot. I guess they designed it that way taking into consideration you would be on the phone while having it plugged in. Of course this would only be beneficial to those holding the phone in their right hand. It also alleviates some of the pressure on the cord if it were plugged in on the bottom.

BillTheCat

Reaction score
If you use a 3rd party Home Screen/Launcher such as Open Home or LauncherPro, most of them will orient the home screens into landscape mode, unlike the stock launcher. Each has a list of benefits that set it apart from the default launcher. I'd do a little reading & then choose a launcher app that suits your needs. (Launcher apps do not require rooting or custom Roms- just DL the app & run it)

Screwbal

Reaction score
Is it a standard mini USB? If so I'd look for one with s 90 degree kink right at the plug. That's how the cord is on my garmin gps and I have to imagine they can be picked up at stores but I haven't looked since I'm still running on my iPhone :/

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
I put the charging cable between my pinky and ring finger. Isn't comfortable but yeah, I wondered the same thing. If we're going to have this thing charging 90% of its life, why couldn't they have put the charger somewhere else? lol.......

Really? Just saying.... Maybe I just have big hands but I have no problems charging or not.

Yep. It's not that bad.

The Motherhood of Invention.

BSG4893

Reaction score
cant you just turn the phone the opposite way so that the charger is on the top while your in portrait? the screen will just flip the opposite way so you can use it like that? then the charger wont be in your way :)

OP
J

jboucheb

Reaction score
cant you just turn the phone the opposite way so that the charger is on the top while your in portrait? the screen will just flip the opposite way so you can use it like that? then the charger wont be in your way :)

The funny/sad part is that I just tried doing that like an idiot to see if it works :)

mitchb2

Reaction score
The fact that this thread is already two pages says it. Terrible design. My left thumb is actually sore from Friday's marathon setup session. Trying to figure out how geniuses can be so dumb.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
I just hold it in my right hand and do all of my navigation with my right thumb. I never use my left hand in portrait mode, which is a good thing since its usually holding my beer or cigarette and covered in chip crumbs...lol

Sent from my ADR6400L

shaneo40

Reaction score
I just hold it in my right hand and do all of my navigation with my right thumb. I never use my left hand in portrait mode, which is a good thing since its usually holding my beer or cigarette and covered in chip crumbs...lol

Sent from my ADR6400L

Lol. I usually type with swype this way too. Very, very rarely use 2 hands with my phone. Makes it easier to text and drive too. (sarcasm on the driving part)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App