How do we send our videos directly to YouTube???

Red Rock

Reaction score
This is so frustrating.

The main reason I bought this phone is because the salesman said it was very easy to shoot a video (yes I agree)
AND
It is very easy to upload to YouTube (NOT)!

I have tried countless times and still have not been able to upload to YouTube.

Please help!

Thank You.

tinsleyclv

Reaction score
You tube has a screen widget, on it there is a video cam...it uploads directly to you tube.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
Red Rock

Red Rock

Reaction score
You tube has a screen widget, on it there is a video cam...it uploads directly to you tube.

Hmm,

I see the little icon on my Droid for youtube.
Is that what you are talking about?

The way I have done this is...I take my video with my "amcorder" icon on my droid...then I hit the menu button, then share...and it never uploads.

Sorry, but I guess I dont totally understand your answer.

Thx.

tinsleyclv

Reaction score
If you hit the settings button, you will see widgets for Android and motorala. Find the you tube widget. On that widget you will see a camcorder. When you record that way, it goes directly to you tube..hope this is a little better. You can also long press on your main screen to get the widgets.

jmorton10

Reaction score
I've only done it once, but I just clicked on the video, clicked share/YT & it uploaded just fine.

~John

Technoman

Reaction score
It depends on the size and quality of the video you are recording with the camcorder APP. If you get too big of a file it will time out when you are on 3g a lot of times.

The method that they are directing you to use will assist in that, as it will not do as high of quality and it doesn't wait and try to transfer the file at the end.

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
After I shoot a video I can choose share and it uploads right to you tube. I've never had a problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Technoman

Reaction score
After I shoot a video I can choose share and it uploads right to you tube. I've never had a problem.

What are your camcorder settings set for RyansGirl?

I suspect it has a lot to do with the quality that the phone is set at.

I know that I usually get timeouts on my phone, but I have my phone set for 720p (highest quality).

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
It is also is set to 720...I haven't had a problem.

Mojo4395

Reaction score
I've had problems uploading HD video from my Droid X. Any time go to upload a video more than 100 MB it says "Cannot upload videos more than 1GB." None of my videos are over 500 MB. This happens even when I'm connected to wifi. Any help uploading large videos to youtube would be great.

epsilonbass

Reaction score
@Mojo4395 I used to have that problem, if I remember what I did to fix it I had to update to the newest version of the youtube app. Apparently a lot of the pre-installed apps that come with the x, don't automatically update (see youtube, google maps, etc.)

In order to upload 720p video in full quality, I found that going into the youtube app you can upload the video from there, but it only likes wifi for some reason.

Mojo4395

Reaction score
Thanks for the idea. I updated my YouTube app, but I still can't upload any video over 100mbs. The limit is supposed to be 1gb, but I'm still having no luck. Whenever I try it comes up with the error that the file is too large. I did a hard reset at the Verizon store over the weekend, and it didn't fix the problem. Are others able to upload large videos (100 mbs+) to YouTube?

tobyjuarez

Reaction score
Thanks for the idea. I updated my YouTube app, but I still can't upload any video over 100mbs. The limit is supposed to be 1gb, but I'm still having no luck. Whenever I try it comes up with the error that the file is too large. I did a hard reset at the Verizon store over the weekend, and it didn't fix the problem. Are others able to upload large videos (100 mbs+) to YouTube?

Ive got the exact same problem. The files are not even close to 1GB and it says Cannot Upload files over 1GB.

Kd0afk

Reaction score
This is a known issue. And its gone on far too long. It is obvious the nobody at motorola reads the forums because when they do, they get thier feelings hurt by all of the people composing about the phones. But I'd they did thier jobs right people would complain. I was even hung up on by motorola/android tech support. They told me to post on the forums that they obviously don't read.
This has been going on for over a year.
this is gonna be hard to take but get ready. there isn't a corporation on the planet that gives a crap about you as a consumer unless it benefits of them financially. motorola knows about the problem
they have known about the problems from day 1 and they will not fix it for you. they will however fix it when it benefits him financially to do so.
I came about this realization a long time ago and it's made me happier person. so get off your high horse everybody and quit expecting lavish things like; good customer service, something for your money, or tech support that gives a crap about you.

Kd0afk

Reaction score
Think about it. Tesla has built a very fast very good looking electric car and the technology has been around since the 60's, but, all of the major auto manufacturers have said that the electric car is years away. They lie to our faces and we worship them like gods.

Last edited: