How do i unroot?

dustyewebb

Reaction score
Just rooted my d3 and my headphone jack went out. I need to take it back to verizon for a warranty replacement and obviously dont want my lil superuser ninja showin off. Can i just delete the superuser. Apk and restart? Any help would be amazing. Thanks!
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
and works very easy I had to do it the other day took it about 5min to finish

chanceyman

Reaction score
Is there any way to over ride the usb debug on a phone that did not have it selected and is bootlooped. or does anyone have a zip for unrooting that can be moved to the sd card and accessed by the power X method?

walker77

Reaction score
I have been having issues with data dropping. And of course the first thing Verizon does is send me out a refurb phone. This phone is doing it too, but that is a whole different subject. Anyway, i need to unroot one of these phones and send it back in. Im sure there is a thread on it. I just havent found it yet. Can some one post the link?

Thanks!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
How did you originally root the phone? I responded to your last thread about the data dropping saying you should keep your phone and send the refurb back. But if you do want to keep it then I would download Matt's Utility in the sticky (top part of this thread) and use the unroot option.

walker77

Reaction score
Thanks for responding. Keeping the original phone sounds like a good idea. Because its the first one i bought, its not a refurb. If were to use a different Rom, would it help my data issues? As far as the way i rooted it. All i remember is that the tool said motofail on it. Thanks for the help, i really appreciate it.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well if you do decide to unroot then that utility I suggested will work for you. Yes I would keep your original phone because like you said you know it was taken care of and not a refurb. As far as the ROMS, no I don't think any of them help with signal issues.

droidcnj

Reaction score
walker77 said:
Thanks for responding. Keeping the original phone sounds like a good idea. Because its the first one i bought, its not a refurb. If were to use a different Rom, would it help my data issues? As far as the way i rooted it. All i remember is that the tool said motofail on it. Thanks for the help, i really appreciate it.

Just curious.. if your sending a phone back.. you would do factory reset on it before sending it back right? Wouldn't that take care of unrooting?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Just curious.. if your sending a phone back.. you would do factory reset on it before sending it back right? Wouldn't that take care of unrooting?

As walker77 said no it will not. A FDR will only take away all of your user installed APPS, settings, the super user APP will still be there. The only way to get rid of it is either using an unroot tool, or by using the fastboot files to go back to factory settings.

Conorman

Reaction score
So I have been hunting around on forums for several hours and me and my buddy were unable to figure out how I was unable to unroot my phone. I rooted with Dan Rosenburgs Motofail and I tried to use DoomLord and another unroot technique from I haven't a clue where. Each one says I have been unrooted but when I run a Terminal it still gives me the $ sign like I am still rooted unlike the # sign. Help? Superuser is also shown as installed.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
So I have been hunting around on forums for several hours and me and my buddy were unable to figure out how I was unable to unroot my phone. I rooted with Dan Rosenburgs Motofail and I tried to use DoomLord and another unroot technique from I haven't a clue where. Each one says I have been unrooted but when I run a Terminal it still gives me the $ sign like I am still rooted unlike the # sign. Help? Superuser is also shown as installed.
Your best option, in my opinion, is to use Matt G's Razr Utility 1.81 or 1.82 to restore your phone back to stock .211. There is no unroot option in the utility. The restore option (Option 1) will take care of removing root. There may be other methods to remove root from your phone but I am not familiar with them. The advantage of the restore option is that it will wipe your phone clean and take it back to the same configuration as it was when you took it out of the box. If you have pics, music or other data that you want to keep then you need to back up that data. The restore function will wipe your phone clean.