Can't fully unroot phone

breNTx22

Reaction score
So I need to send my phone back to verizon so obviously i'm going to unroot it.

I installed 2.2 on it and everything is wiped off of there except for "SuperUser". How can I remove this/unroot the phone so verizon doesn't fuss.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score

I installed 2.2 on it and everything is wiped off of there except for "SuperUser". How can I remove this/unroot the phone so verizon doesn't fuss.

how i did mine was flash it back to 2.1 with rsd lite an the 2.1 file. then updated with the ota then sent mine in.

OP
B

breNTx22

Reaction score

how i did mine was flash it back to 2.1 with rsd lite an the 2.1 file. then updated with the ota then sent mine in.

I can't find the file to flash it back with (.sbf?). I downloaded 1 and browsed for it in RSD light but I couldn't hit start.

The way I did it was downloaded the 2.2 zip and then put it in the root of my SD card and changed the name to 'update.zip' and rebooted into recovery mode and updated it.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Brentx22, let us know if this works for you.

Mike

OP
B

breNTx22

Reaction score
I plan to try it tomorow.

Thanks Guys! I'll keep you posted!

OP
B

breNTx22

Reaction score
Well I just tried it.

I opened up RSD Lite 4.6, browsed to the FRG22D.SBF file (on my desktop), I hit start, it gives me a "Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. (0x7100);phone connected".

I moved the file to the root of the C: drive and browsed for it but the 'start' button was grayed out. I got the same results when I moved it to the D Drive (Same hard drive, different partition).

Suggestions?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well I just tried it.

I opened up RSD Lite 4.6, browsed to the FRG22D.SBF file (on my desktop), I hit start, it gives me a "Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. (0x7100);phone connected".

I moved the file to the root of the C: drive and browsed for it but the 'start' button was grayed out. I got the same results when I moved it to the D Drive (Same hard drive, different partition).

Suggestions?

is your phone fully booted up or are you in the boot loader?

To get into the bootloader you need to reboot the phone then while its booting up press up on the D-Pad.

once in the bootloader RSD lite should load the file fine.

OP
B

breNTx22

Reaction score
Well I just tried it.

Suggestions?

is your phone fully booted up or are you in the boot loader?

To get into the bootloader you need to reboot the phone then while its booting up press up on the D-Pad.

once in the bootloader RSD lite should load the file fine.

I'm in the bootloder. I don't think RSD Lite will recognize my phone if it's fully booted up.

OP
B

breNTx22

Reaction score