How Do I Transfer My Contacts New X?

Kareleejor

Reaction score
I got my X today. I usually purchase phones at the store and have VZ do all the programming, but saved the $100 by ordering on line. How do I transfer my contacts from the old phone onto the X? I turned off the old phone. Clicked on the backup assistant of the X and it says backed up: 10 and last attempt successful. When I look in my contacts, its empty.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Did you use backup assistant on your old phone so that your contacts are backed up?

OP
K

Kareleejor

Reaction score
the old phone is a couple of years old. How would I know if they were backup up?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
You would have had to have installed BackUp Assistant on it...here is the link to the VZW page for the FAQs on it...

I am guessing you no longer have service on your old phone...if you run into a pinch, you could run down to your VZW store and see if they would transfer them this time...once you have them on your DX, they will sync to Google as well...

Answers to FAQs

OP
K

Kareleejor

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I have already activated my new X. I will put in my contacts in the X. How do I edit if I make a mistake once it is saved?

Last edited:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
My local store does not - I have used them to do this recently on another phone / line...mostly if you explain what happened, they are understanding...

scarmack

Reaction score
i guess no one uses gmail? you can manage your contacts from your computer and it will automatically update them on your phone. go to google.com and click the gmail link. sign in using your username and password. click contacts. and you can change everything from your computer. much easier

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Uhhh, I do LOL...I wish that Backup Assistant wasn't even loaded but I see the benefit to get the contacts to the phone with it - if the customer knows that they have to initially back up the contacts to either google or backup assistant to make the transition easier it would be nice...