Not open for further replies.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
From the Motorola Website:
=====================

The information below will provide you with all the information you should need to transfer and play music on your phone
1.What music transfer tools do I need?

To put music on your computer and then load it on your phone, you need:
  • A Microsoft Windows PC or Apple Macintosh
  • A USB data cable.
2.You need a memory card

Your music is stored on your memory card. Your phone supports removable microSD memory cards up to 32 GB capacity.

3. What music file formats can I play?

Your phone can play many types of files: MP3, AMR-NB/WB, PCM/WAV, AAC, ACC+, eAAC+, MIDI, WMA, and OGG Vorbis.

Your phone will not play DRM protected music. This includes any DRM protected content previously purchased through VCAST. Most retailers will have an unlocked version or the ability to unlock DRM music for an additonal fee (iTunes $.025)
4. What headphones can I use?

Your phone has a 3.5mm headset jack for wired stereo listening. You can go wireless with Bluetooth® stereo headphones or speakers.

5. Sync music files using Windows Media Player.
  • With a memory card inserted, and your phone showing the home screen, connect a Motorola micro USB data cable to your phone and your computer. Your phone should show in the status bar.

Note: Your phone supports Microsoft® Windows® XP, Windows Vista®, and Apple® Macintosh®. Other operating systems may not be compatible.

Drag down the notification bar. Tap USB connected to select the connection. Tap Mount to connect your memory card to your computer. You can't use the files on your memory card while it is connected. On your computer, open Windows Media Player. On the "Sync" tab, select "More Options". Under "Device", select your phone Select "Properties", check the "Create folder hierarchy on device" box, and click "OK".
  • Drag your music files over to the "Sync List" and press "Start Sync".
6. Transfer using USB

Transfer music files from a computer to your memory card.
  • With a memory card inserted, and your phone showing the home screen, connect a Motorola micro USB data cable from your phone's micro USB port to a USB port on your computer. Your phone should show in the status bar.

Note: Your phone supports Microsoft® Windows® XP, Windows Vista®, and Apple® Macintosh®. Other operating systems may not be compatible.
    Drag down the status bar. Tap USB connected to select the connection. Tap Mount to connect your memory card to your computer. You can't use the files on your memory card while it is connected. On your Windows PC, find "Removable Device" (your memory card) in the "My Computer" window.

On your Apple Mac, your phone should appear as a new drive on the desktop.
    Drag and drop your music to a folder on your memory card.

Tip: To help manage your music, create a "Music" folder on your memory card.
  • When you're done, use the "Safely Remove Hardware" feature to finish.
7. Use Motorola Media Link
Motorola Media Link (MML) is a free PC software download that connects your Motorola Android phone to your PC. It allows you to easily transfer, sync, manage, back up and share your phone's content.
Motorola Media Link is available at www.motorola.com/medialink

8. Access and play music
  • From the Applications menu, touch Music Touch Songs. You can also touch Artists, Albums, or Playlists
  • Touch the song to play
9. Add songs to playlist
  • From the applications menu, touch Music Touch Songs Touch and hold the song that you want to add to the play list Touch Add to playlist
  • Touch Current playlist or New

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.