How do I stop display timeout in GPS?

brookspw

Reaction score
When I have this on GPS / Maps while driving, how do I keep the screen from timing out and locking? I need it to stay on. I figured, at least there was a way to configure this to not time out when plugged in. Can't find it in the battery or GPS menus. Thanks.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When I have this on GPS / Maps while driving, how do I keep the screen from timing out and locking? I need it to stay on. I figured, at least there was a way to configure this to not time out when plugged in. Can't find it in the battery or GPS menus. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure the car dock does that automatically with it's little magnet. Put it in the car dock and the screen will stay on.

Good luck.

OP
B

brookspw

Reaction score
Ok, this keeps it from locking the screen and timing out but the screen still dims after a minute or so.

jethro

Reaction score
Try screebl lite. It's free and it works great for me.

WirelessWizard

Reaction score
Have you tried going into settings, display settings, and switching your screen timeout to never timeout?

sasquachnw

Reaction score
I have the same problem and did set the timeout to be 10 minutes and I could not see where I could select no timeout. It is not convenient to have to reset timeout when not using GPS/Google maps...I do not use a car dock, just a holder stuck to the windshield.
I am new to the S4 having used the Iphone for several years.
I appreciate any help I can get to solve this issue.

Regards:
Sasquachnw