DroidX GPS go back a screen

droid6user

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using the GPS on the road? When displaying the map screen, for no apparent reason it would go back to the previous screen while the droid X is hooked up to the car dock?

This happens every few minutes while driving with the GPS. Once it jumps back a screen, I have to press navigate again to forward to the map screen again. This happens everyday, everywhere I go repeatedly. I can't figure out why?

OP
D

droid6user

Reaction score
It seems like a serious issue. Causes unsafe driving with the GPS!

kdw11005

Reaction score
Well I hope I get my update soon then. I use my GPS at least 2 to 3 times a week for long trips (at least 2 hours if not 4).

OP
D

droid6user

Reaction score
So froyo update really fixes this problem? I almost started a thread

"Droid X GPS kill users on road" :)

yankscool

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing will go back one screen, then I have to hit thenav button to go back to the GPS screen. It started over the weekend when I downloaded the car dock 2.1 app. It doesn't seem to happen if I go to Nav through the Maps app, put in the directions and then go to the Nav screen. I hopw they get this fixed otherwise the nav is a bust.

mpark

Reaction score
Mine does the same. Very frustrating....hopefully 2.2 will fix it.

Akita

Reaction score
2.2 fixes this. For those still on 2.1, make sure use CarDock to access GPS.

InfamousDX

Reaction score
I think it was determined that this was a problem with Google Maps 4.4. Try reverting back to the previous version and I doubt it will happen again. That worked for me when I was still on OS 2.1

Akita

Reaction score
I think it was determined that this was a problem with Google Maps 4.4. Try reverting back to the previous version and I doubt it will happen again. That worked for me when I was still on OS 2.1
Accessing it via CarDock is a more simpler alternative, unless Google Maps 4.4 is completely gimped. When I had 2.1 running, I definently noticed it going back out to the Home Screen as mentioned in this thread. However, once I accessed GPS via CarDock, it no longer had the issue.

2.2 definently fixes this as I took a 2hr trip with the GPS running yesterday without it not going back a screen and I didn't access GPS via CarDock

OP
D

droid6user

Reaction score
But has anyone tried navigation without using Cardock on froyo 2.2 to see if the screen is still jumping back?

I have my links in "My Maps" until maps.google.com. I always navigate from the layers link of maps. Quite a number of people do it this way.