enlighten me boys.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i can only find how to set a song as a ringtone not as aringback tone
i want to set a song as ringback tone.
enlighten me boys.

That would be ladies, too, hoing! Play the MP3 you want to set as a ringtone using the Music player. While it's playing, press the Menu key and select "Set as ringtone". Then use the settings app to configure.

OR got here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...forums-stock-solutions-thread.html#post427101. :wink: I'm not exactly sure what you mean by a ringback tone.

OP
H

hoing

Reaction score
ringback tone - when you call someone and it says "please enjoy music while party is reached"..plays a song instead of ringing for the OTHER person

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ringback tone - when you call someone and it says "please enjoy music while party is reached"..plays a song instead of ringing for the OTHER person

Oh, like music on hold. Have never heard of anything like that for the Droid.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, you learn something new every day around here! Thanks, BlazinCaucasian!

AdilSD

Reaction score
Hi, Ringbacktone is a network feature, more precisely a feature on the Mobile Switching Center.
Adil

jtydroid

Reaction score
The only way I knew to do it was on line through My Verizon. I used this long before I had a Droid. It is pretty cool, my friends and family love it.

Can you set up specific tones per caller? I use my phone for Work and Personal and I doubt my clients would appreciate my choice in music.

JLB09

Reaction score
The only way I knew to do it was on line through My Verizon. I used this long before I had a Droid. It is pretty cool, my friends and family love it.

Can you set up specific tones per caller? I use my phone for Work and Personal and I doubt my clients would appreciate my choice in music.

Yes you can. I have not really looked into this doing it on my Droid. And ringback tones seem to be completely different than Ringtones. I have had to buy them. but it is really easy to assign a different tune to your different contacts using My Verizon on line.

libelulla

Reaction score
ringback tones

So, am I to understand the only ringback tones available are through the verizon.com - and we have to pay for them?:icon_eek:

JLB09

Reaction score
So, am I to understand the only ringback tones available are through the verizon.com - and we have to pay for them?:icon_eek:

The ones I have are from verizon and I paid perhaps $.99 or $1.99 for them. and they were worth it for the contacts I like to please with their favorite tune when they call me.