How do I remove a contact from favorites?

Droider

Reaction score
It's what google does automatically. To move someone off the list you'll need to stop emailing or calling or being called by them so much and then someone more popular should eventually replace that person on your "favorites" list.

denlem

Reaction score
That don't sound right. I only have one friend in the favorites list that I haven't used the cell to contact with since July, but yet someone else I contact with several times a week is not in favorites.

Droider

Reaction score
That don't sound right. I only have one friend in the favorites list that I haven't used the cell to contact with since July, but yet someone else I contact with several times a week is not in favorites.

Do you use Gmail? Maybe it's based on who you email via Gmail.

I did just play with it and discovered that you can long press on someone from the favorites tab of your contacts and you'll get a popup with the "remove from favorites" option. This will remove it from the favorites tab but not delete the person from your whole contacts list.

Stigy

Reaction score
Un-star them from the contacts menu?

Correct.

View the contact and there should be a yellow or gray star in the upper right corner. If the star is yellow they are a favorite, if its gray they are not. You can toggle the favorite status by clicking this star.

denlem

Reaction score
I also just noticed that in your gmail contacts, they will be part of the groups "starred in android".

OP
O

omnibus

Reaction score
In post #4 from Droider he or she suggests a long press on the contact to bring up a menu. I did that and that particular contact brought up the option to add as a favorite when it already was a favorite.

I picked that option anyway and the contact moved up to the top of the favorites list.

I pressed and held on the contact again and this time I got the option to remove from favorites. Again I chose that option and this time I got to the original favorites list.

I have now deleted the contact, which was ported by Verizon from my Google contacts list.

pwo

Reaction score
I have now deleted the contact, which was ported by Verizon from my Google contacts list.

Verizon did not port anything from google onto your phone. They may have set it up for you but that is it. The droid automatically syncs with your google account. Changes you make to your contacts and such from a computer to your google account will show up on your Droid.

OP
O

omnibus

Reaction score

Verizon did not port anything from google onto your phone. They may have set it up for you but that is it. The droid automatically syncs with your google account. Changes you make to your contacts and such from a computer to your google account will show up on your Droid.
Thanks, but the only thing different there is the terminology, amounts to the same thing. I can't imagine how that single contact could randomly become a favorite.

karma317

Reaction score
deleting contacts in favorite menu

first of all the contacts show up there after 1 phone call they are not starred and are not favorites. if you hold down on the contact a menu pops up letting you add them as a favorite. deleting the contact is also an option but taht deletes the contact from you phoone entirely. if you add them to your favorites the rest of the contacts on the list go under "frequently called". Question: How do you erase the contact from the favorite menu, but not from your contact list?

karma317

Reaction score
its not a favorite. your 25 last/most frequently called are put in under the favorite menu/tab. if you hard press a contact from the favorite tab there is an option to add them as a favorite. then you will see the "frequently called" title under the favorite contact you just added. it souds confusing but if you do it you will see what i mean

tjpython

Reaction score
Favorites vs. frequently called

its not a favorite. your 25 last/most frequently called are put in under the favorite menu/tab. if you hard press a contact from the favorite tab there is an option to add them as a favorite. then you will see the "frequently called" title under the favorite contact you just added. it souds confusing but if you do it you will see what i mean

Thank you for this simple, yet somehow impossible-to-find-on-VZW-or-Motorola explanation!

sixxwheels

Reaction score
So I take it nobody has found a way to delete a number or delete the whole favorite tab?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
So I take it nobody has found a way to delete a number or delete the whole favorite tab?

That's never been an option with the native contact app. Most likely never will be.