Removing contact from favorites

Tim B

Reaction score
When I first got my droid it began adding various contacts to the favorites folder in the contacts folder when I would place a call to those people. I did not place them in the favorites folder. The phone just did it by itself without asking if I wanted them there. Is there a way to remove particular contacts from the favorites without deleting them from the regular contacts folder? I can not find a way to do it.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You can't, It's just the way it works. if you star a contact they will always be at the top. But any contacts that you call are pushed into the favorite list.

OP
T

Tim B

Reaction score
Okay, that's kinda goofy. It's not a major bother, just a minor annoyance. Thanks for the reply.

cpinto

Reaction score
When I first got my droid it began adding various contacts to the favorites folder in the contacts folder when I would place a call to those people. I did not place them in the favorites folder. The phone just did it by itself without asking if I wanted them there. Is there a way to remove particular contacts from the favorites without deleting them from the regular contacts folder? I can not find a way to do it.

There's a little app that will remove that.

Download RoyFrequentlyCalledRemover.apk from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Clears the Freq list but will rebuild. Just run it on occasion.

The droid adds contacts to your Freq Called List, anytime you choose a contact not in favorites. Very Stupid feature.

Last edited: