How do I move apps, contacts, pictures from a Droid X and LG Ally to a Galaxy S4

Jocosa

Reaction score
Hi all,

We are FINALLY upgrading our phones. And while we are both excited, we are sort of dreading it. Having had these older ones for ages, we have accumulated a lot of things on them. We don't want to pay to get all the apps again (Most came from Amazon and not Google Play) and the idea of inputting all those numbers again is cringe inducing. Plus I really, really don't want to lose some of my text conversations.

I know I can plug them into the PC to pull off all the photos, but no idea about moving everything else. Is it possible? I am not tech savvy so if you do have suggestions, please use small words. :p Or is there an app out there that would work on both phones and migrate it all at once? I don't mind buying an app if it can get the job done easily for both phones.

Thanks!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Contacts and pictures can be backed up via your gmail account and Google+ account. Your contacts should've automatically backed up to your gmail account, but if you want to make absolutely sure, your provider should be able to transfer contacts to your new phone for you.

You can backup all your text messages with an app called SMS Backup and Restore. Once you back them up just take the file and move it over to your PC like your photos.

Your apps are tied to your Google and Amazon accounts. However, the info in each app isn't tied to your accounts. If you are rooted you can grab an app called Titanium Backup and that'll backup all your apps including the info in each of them.