How do i make a High Resolution application for my application for my android Market

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
  • High Resolution Application Icon (Required):
    • Use: In various locations in Android Market.
      • Does not replace your launcher icon.
    • Specs: 512x512, 32-bit PNG with alpha; Max size of 1024KB.
    • Tips:
      • This does not replace your launcher icon, but should be a higher-fidelity, higher-resolution version of your application icon.
      • Same safe-frame as current launcher guidelines, just scaled up:
        • Full Asset: 512 x 512 px.
        • Circle or non-square icons: 426 x 426 px, centered within the PNG.
        • Square Icons: 398 x 398 px.
      • Drop shadow: black, 75% opaque, 90 degrees down, distance of 14px, size of 36px.
        • Tweak as necessary to fit icon style (e.g., Google Maps icon has a drop shadow of varying height)

I WOULD PREFER A WINDOWS BASED PROGRAM BUT I ALSO HAVE LINUX ON MY LAPTOP ........ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT & ALSO MY PRICE RANGE IS 0-100$

THANKS IN ADVANCE

drkow19

Reaction score
That is just asking for a high-res icon. Your standard icon in the drawable folder is 72x72. The one you submit here is still a png but needs to be scaled up to 512x512. You can use the program Paint.net to edit and resize your icon. For mine, I just created the icon from scratch at 512x512, then shrunk it down for the 72x72 version that goes in the drawable folder.

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
That is just asking for a high-res icon. Your standard icon in the drawable folder is 72x72. The one you submit here is still a png but needs to be scaled up to 512x512. You can use the program Paint.net to edit and resize your icon. For mine, I just created the icon from scratch at 512x512, then shrunk it down for the 72x72 version that goes in the drawable folder.

worked perfect thanks bro ..I have never been a photoshop/icon maker lol