how do i get the froyo update now?

godtuti

Reaction score
hi, i have a droid x rooted with 2.1.. im trying to put froyo on it. so i go into clockwork recovery ,backup,wipe my phone then i apply update.zip. but i get error. it appears that it looks through my sys/app folder and checks to see if all of those apps are there. if one is missing it fails the install.currently it fails on car dock. so i reinstalled cardock and placed it in my sys/app folder then rebooted then rebooted into recovery. i then wiped the phone then tried to flash update.zip and still got the same error.. what should i do? is there a way to flash 2.1 rooted with all the stock apps , then just boot into recovery and flash 2.2?

OP
godtuti

godtuti

Reaction score
What error are you receiving?

verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check (/system/app/cardock.apk" (theres a bunch of random numbers)

E:Error in /sdcard/update.ziup
(status 7)

btw i removed some stock apps but i have them if i needed to reinstall

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
My sense is that the E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip (status 7) was caused due to a corrupt download or you renamed it incorrectly. The correct name is update.zip Make sure the is only one ".zip"

I'm not sure about the car dock. Did you remove the apk for that particular process?

OP
godtuti

godtuti

Reaction score
nope that error applies to the fact that you deleted teh stock cardock app from /system/app.

go here
http://www.chadhaney.com/droidXDefault/

to get it back, put it back in that location and give it the proper permissions

well i removed some stock apps and thought thats why i got the error so i reinstalled car dock from that link, put it in sys/app gave it the rite permissions i think, and i still get the error.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
nope that error applies to the fact that you deleted teh stock cardock app from /system/app.

go here

well i removed some stock apps and thought thats why i got the error so i reinstalled car dock from that link, put it in sys/app gave it the rite permissions i think, and i still get the error.

Check your permissions to make sure they match up with other system apps

Sent from my phone... which happens to be a Droid X

OP
godtuti

godtuti

Reaction score

go here

Check your permissions to make sure they match up with other system apps

Sent from my phone... which happens to be a Droid X

i did and it still fails

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
hi, i have a droid x rooted with 2.1.. im trying to put froyo on it. so i go into clockwork recovery ,backup,wipe my phone then i apply update.zip. but i get error. it appears that it looks through my sys/app folder and checks to see if all of those apps are there. if one is missing it fails the install.currently it fails on car dock. so i reinstalled cardock and placed it in my sys/app folder then rebooted then rebooted into recovery. i then wiped the phone then tried to flash update.zip and still got the same error.. what should i do? is there a way to flash 2.1 rooted with all the stock apps , then just boot into recovery and flash 2.2?
Since you've got a custom recovery, the simplest thing to do would be to just modify the updater-script in the update.zip and remove the checks/references to those files. You didn't want them anyway and the only reason it is looking for them is to make sure they are the correct SHA1 hash (which is what those numbers are) because otherwise the apply_patch to the file (later step) will fail. Just take out the "assert" that checks the SHA1 of those files, and then later take out the line that does apply_patch to the deleted file(s), re-zip, and you're good.

If you don't want to fool with it, stick the file somewhere that I can get to it (RapidShare, whatever) and then send me a PM with the link, and a list of the files you deleted and I'll make you a new zip. I'm not worried of what Momma Moto thinks about it because I won't be giving you anything you didn't already have -- I'm just giving you back the same files you gave me (which I have no reason to believe you aren't entitled to possess), with a new file of my own creation.

OP
godtuti

godtuti

Reaction score
Since you've got a custom recovery, the simplest thing to do would be to just modify the updater-script in the update.zip and remove the checks/references to those files. You didn't want them anyway and the only reason it is looking for them is to make sure they are the correct SHA1 hash (which is what those numbers are) because otherwise the apply_patch to the file (later step) will fail. Just take out the "assert" that checks the SHA1 of those files, and then later take out the line that does apply_patch to the deleted file(s), re-zip, and you're good.

If you don't want to fool with it, stick the file somewhere that I can get to it (RapidShare, whatever) and then send me a PM with the link, and a list of the files you deleted and I'll make you a new zip. I'm not worried of what Momma Moto thinks about it because I won't be giving you anything you didn't already have -- I'm just giving you back the same files you gave me (which I have no reason to believe you aren't entitled to possess), with a new file of my own creation.
sure. just one question, will fly x work?

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
Dunno. Never looked at the package -- I don't have an X. Since you can only install custom ROMs on a rooted phone, I would assume that the package is meant to be installed on a phone just like yours and it won't care if some of your apps are missing.

OP
godtuti

godtuti

Reaction score
Dunno. Never looked at the package -- I don't have an X. Since you can only install custom ROMs on a rooted phone, I would assume that the package is meant to be installed on a phone just like yours and it won't care if some of your apps are missing.

aight..apps are

amazonmp3_1.7.22_signed_zipaligned.apk
Blockbuster.apk
CityID.apk
FileManager.apk
CarDock.apk
HelpCenter.apk
NewsWidget.apk
Swype.apk
VoiceCommands.apk

and can you suggest a different service i can use from off of my my phone