How do I get my iTunes music into my new Droid 4?

ausbill32

Reaction score
I came over from the iPhone world and all my purchased music is in iTunes. Is there anyway I can export that and get it on my Droid 4 without having to root?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've tried a few free apps but the best and easiest for me was iSyncer. Its a paid app in the market but makes moving your iTunes library to the Droid very easy.

megraven21

Reaction score
Go into the Market or Google Play, whichever u have now (Google just updated it to Google play but not everyone has the updated yet), going into apps, music, top paid.. .you will see AirSync by DoubleTwist and iSyncer in the top 20. those apps can do it. (there are several others in the market) also, Motorola phones come with an app that is supposed to be able to do it but i haven't tried it. i don't remember the name. maybe someone else can tell you?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

r314bd

Reaction score
I use Google Music Manager (or the Google Play Music Manager as it's now called, apparently) which can automatically sync with iTunes, Windows Media Player, or your My Music folder. It's free and you have access to all your music on your phone through the Music app.

It does require a data connection though so if you plan on listening to music out of your network area or you don't have an unlimited data plan, then you may want to go a different route.

Chaka

Reaction score
I use Google Music Manager (or the Google Play Music Manager as it's now called, apparently) which can automatically sync with iTunes, Windows Media Player, or your My Music folder. It's free and you have access to all your music on your phone through the Music app.

It does require a data connection though so if you plan on listening to music out of your network area or you don't have an unlimited data plan, then you may want to go a different route.

I'm glad I did a search for this subject as I was just going to ask how to move my music library from Windows Media Player to my phone. Thanks for the information!

rongotti

Reaction score

X2 on that!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

WestOkid

Reaction score
I've tried a few free apps but the best and easiest for me was iSyncer. Its a paid app in the market but makes moving your iTunes library to the Droid very easy.

Agreed. iSyncr is the easiest most seamless way to do it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

nikecar

Reaction score
Agreed. iSyncr is the easiest most seamless way to do it.

I will admit that I don't use this program, but I use the Google Play Music manager. All you have to do is tell it what folder you want to sync, if you want to do it automatically or not and that's it. Granted, the uploads to the cloud can take their dear sweet time, but its pretty easy and free.

WestOkid

Reaction score
I will admit that I don't use this program, but I use the Google Play Music manager. All you have to do is tell it what folder you want to sync, if you want to do it automatically or not and that's it. Granted, the uploads to the cloud can take their dear sweet time, but its pretty easy and free.
I would not recommend Google music to someone coming from an iTunes/apple experience. Google music is half baked. If something gets out of sync between what's on cloud vs what's in iTunes vs what's on your phone, it's a nightmare. You have to delete everything and start over. Not what someone expects when they are looking for easy.

If the OP wants a cloud solution that's another story.

I actually use iSyncr for local stuff and music for cloud.

kerrsean

Reaction score
1. Plug in your Droid 4 into your computer
2. Go to the folder with all of your Droid 4's files
3. Click on the one that says "Media" and create a new folder in it named "Audio"
4. After that all you need to do is go to your iTunes music folder and drag and drop your music in to your Droid 4 folder
5. When you're done adding music go back to your phone folder and get your iTunes music into new Droid 4 files you created earlier.

Last edited: