Will the Galaxy Nexus play my iTunes files?

Jamar

Reaction score
I'm planning to switch from an iPhone 4 to the Nexus and a good portion of my music library is purchased from the iTunes store, but I've heard the file type (.m4a) isn't compatible with Android. Is this true? If yes, what's the easiest solution?

nesnah2

Reaction score
All you have to do is get the doubletwist app. Install on your phone and PC and then copy your library/playlists and then sync to your phone. It works great!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Like nesnah2 said, simply download doubletwist app on your computer and phone and move the itune files over, it takes 5 minutes.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Not true. Isyncr works great too. Wirelessly also. Something the iPhone finally got as well.

techyholic

Reaction score
I agree with nesnah2 and liderc, doubletwist app works good with galaxy nexus and no hustle needed in getting this app.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
What about protected files? You can move them but they won't play.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jamar

Reaction score
Thanks all for your help! Now I'm 99.9% sure that I'll be swapping to the Galaxy Nexus when it comes out. The only .1% that holds me back is no Tiny Tower for Android!

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Apple offeres iTunes Plus now a service that will unDRM your songs for 30 cents each

Nice more money for songs I already paid for, thanks iTunes. It's only a couple of hundred bucks, but damn!

No thanks, I'll copy them to disc and then copy them back.

alboboy10

Reaction score
That's what apple does....which is why I love google

OP
J

Jamar

Reaction score
Sooo now with the release of Google Music, it seems my concern has an even easier solution!

techyholic

Reaction score
Nice more money for songs I already paid for, thanks iTunes. It's only a couple of hundred bucks, but damn!

No thanks, I'll copy them to disc and then copy them back.

:) that's why I stick to my FM radio and crappy mp3 players

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
All you have to do is put any itunes songs you had into the doubletwist app and then upload them to the cloud. You don't have to rebuy anything.

techyholic

Reaction score
Thanks all for your help! Now I'm 99.9% sure that I'll be swapping to the Galaxy Nexus when it comes out. The only .1% that holds me back is no Tiny Tower for Android!

:) Go bro! let us hear what happen when you get the Nexus as well on the apps