How do I get my apps over from my D1 to the bionic?

Derekweb

Reaction score
How do I get my apps over from my D1 to the bionic? App brain has the list, but I don't know how to push or pull from there.

mack19318

Reaction score
All your paid apps will show up in market to download. All free you will have to download yourself if app brain doesn't work.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
D

Derekweb

Reaction score
I saw those, but I have mostly unpaid apps.

Renae

Reaction score
Haha, write them down and reinstall. Might find some that you don't really need anymore.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I thought Android remembered all your apps and they would just start redownloading.

Markla709

Reaction score
I'm not sure about TitaniumBackup, but my Backup pro, if rooted, can take the .apks, find the market link, and auto reinstall from the backup. Just backup, put on SD card, put on computer, move to new droid.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
It will let you download all the free apps of the day that you previously had. They count as purchased.

ray985

Reaction score
I still don't understand why Google hasn't made the process more painless. It took my quite awhile to get all my apps back on my phone and working again. It'd be so much easier if it just transferred over like my contacts and wifi settings did.

Anyway, rather then spending time writing down your old apps and searching for them in the market on the Bionic, it's a lot quicker just to go to market.android.com. If you go to "My Library" on that site, it will show all apps you've downloaded from the market, and then you can just go down the list and click "install" to send them to your new phone. It's still a pain, but at least it was quicker than searching in the market on the phone.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Get an app called App List Backup. It creates a list of all your current apps and stores on the SD card. Can use the same app to restore them on your new phone.

WVOz1970

Reaction score
It will let you download all the free apps of the day that you previously had. They count as purchased.

re:Amazon Apps... assuming they still have the app. I had a couple of apps that were "purchases" on the free app of the day and those software companies have pulled their distribution from Amazon. Those, unfortunately, did not come back.

LT*

Reaction score
I still don't understand why Google hasn't made the process more painless. It took my quite awhile to get all my apps back on my phone and working again. It'd be so much easier if it just transferred over like my contacts and wifi settings did.

Anyway, rather then spending time writing down your old apps and searching for them in the market on the Bionic, it's a lot quicker just to go to market.android.com. If you go to "My Library" on that site, it will show all apps you've downloaded from the market, and then you can just go down the list and click "install" to send them to your new phone. It's still a pain, but at least it was quicker than searching in the market on the phone.

This is how I switched mine to a new phone. Using the website was actually painless. I could pick and chose which apps I wanted back and which ones I really didn't need. I like that you're allowed to use multiple devices and can chose which to install apps on.