How do I get books in PDF format or others to work on Droid?

Reaction score
for example if its a free book in PDF from books.google.com? Or other sources?
I DL a pdf book but when i opened it on the droid all it had was a red x in a box on every page basically? not sure what i am doing wrong. i have docs2go paid.

It shows up fine on the pc :(

thanks for any help!

brianr0131

Reaction score
download Beamreader it's free. Does pdf well. It does a little weird bouncy thing between pages but it works great.

OP
S
Reaction score
I see beamreader thanks (it says its free till 1/15/10) why wouldnt docs2go work? i paid for that already :(

thanks

OP
S
Reaction score
what am i doing wrong? i can download this to my pc no problem but when i download it to the droid it does download but i get a red x on every page and nothing else when using docs2 go and or the stock pdf viewer.

The expression of the emotions in ... - Google Books

thanks for any help or insight on to how to view this on the droid?

OP
S
Reaction score
Ok I found out why Docs2go will not work. Does anyone know what program will handle these types of pdfs? or should i go a different route for ebooks and not use PDFs? i want an ebook that has some pictures to it as well as text. what programs handles both?

thanks
-------------------

Problem:

When I open a PDF file in PDF To Go, the pages are shown only with a red X.
Cause:

The PDF file is using a compression type that is not supported by PDF To Go. Most compression types are supported, but the following types are not:

• JPEG 2000
  • JBIG2
If the pages in the PDF file are using one of the above compression types, only a big red X will appear.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok I found out why Docs2go will not work. Does anyone know what program will handle these types of pdfs? or should i go a different route for ebooks and not use PDFs? i want an ebook that has some pictures to it as well as text. what programs handles both?

thanks
-------------------

Problem:

When I open a PDF file in PDF To Go, the pages are shown only with a red X.
Cause:

The PDF file is using a compression type that is not supported by PDF To Go. Most compression types are supported, but the following types are not:

• JPEG 2000
  • JBIG2
If the pages in the PDF file are using one of the above compression types, only a big red X will appear.

I've downloaded and installed a program that's not in the Market called Crutch Lite. It works in the background and I have not tried it yet but it's suppose to be able to read any type document.

You may want to give that a try.

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks hook. i have crutch also. for some reason it doesnt give me the option to open this PDF with that.

i did however find a program called word player and its awesome (free) and works :)

natty_lite

Reaction score
I'm sorry I can't add anything constructive to help you with your problem, but your post made me wonder if the HTC Sense PDF reader can be converted to work on the Droid. I already know it wouldn't be a simple install since there is some HTC Framework involved to enable multi-touch within the app.

Could be worth a shot though.

cyber3d

Reaction score
Hmmm, I for one didn't know there were other proprietary pdf formats. Maybe open them up on the computer and save it as a regular pdf format then download it to the droid.

OP
S
Reaction score
I'm sorry I can't add anything constructive to help you with your problem, but your post made me wonder if the HTC Sense PDF reader can be converted to work on the Droid. I already know it wouldn't be a simple install since there is some HTC Framework involved to enable multi-touch within the app.

Could be worth a shot though.

dl it from the market is that what you are saying?

thanks

Hmmm, I for one didn't know there were other proprietary pdf formats. Maybe open them up on the computer and save it as a regular pdf format then download it to the droid.

good thought but i dont think i have the ability to save pdfs :(