Pilots: Approach Plates On The Droid

flyboy472

Reaction score
For the Droid Aviators on the site, here's an easy way to put approach plates on your Droid:

NACOmatic.com

He's got different formats on there, it seems like the "Kindle DX, Tablets, Netbooks, Laptops & other devices in the range of 1024x768" option works the best. Although the Droid has built in support for viewing PDFs, I ended up purchasing RepliGo Reader because it supports PDF bookmarks. When you click Bookmarks, it has "by City...", "by Airport ID...", and "by Airport Name". I can usually get to the desired approach plate in about 5-10 seconds. The only downside to RepliGo is that you really need to open the PDF from w/in RepliGo. If you use a file manager like Astro, and navigate to the PDF, it loads it into storage memory and never frees it up. The only way to free it up is to reinstall RepliGo.

Also, if you open a specific approach plate, then hit home, when you open RepliGo again it will reopen the last approach plate you were viewing.

I should mention: I am NOT using these to actually fly approaches, just like to have them as a backup and to have easy access to them when I'm doing flight planning.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I should mention: I am NOT using these to actually fly approaches, just like to have them as a backup and to have easy access to them when I'm doing flight planning.

I was going to ask if you worked for Northwest....;)

OP
flyboy472

flyboy472

Reaction score

I was going to ask if you worked for Northwest....;)

LOL.

Forgot to mention: the same website also allows you to download the airport/facility directory (A/FD).