book reader on driod

Waheedli007

Reaction score
I have been looking for a free eBook reader on my phone. When the guys around me ask if I might be interested in a great eBook reader on my android phone, I tried it with doubt. But it finally turned out to be a really good one and it works well till now. I have downloaded the latest version 3.0.3 of Laputa Book Reader.

I love being able to carry a library in my pocket. I never think of buying a Kindle, for I never think I will carry it around. With my phone around, I can also read many books, why shall I buy an eBook reader? It takes up little of my space anyway. If I’d like to read a few pages while at work and need some rest, I will find the Laputa Book Reader on my Phone and read there.

Personally I, I love this app for its simplicity and easy to use. It brings me much
convenience because through its built-in websites, I can have lots of tons of free books. I mean does anyone can resist its temptation for really high-quality content? Its page leaf rolling effect makes another great feature. Well, I cannot see any other reader app on the android has this effect yet.

It still has some frustrating things. The main one would be that it only supports epub books. I can import my own books. But the problem is that most of my books are in PDF format. If I want to read them, I shall first transfer them into epub. It’s so terrible when I get a lot other format’s books. I am really impressed by this release of the application. They seem to constantly improve many of its features. At first, it easily crashed. But now, it is stable and reliable. And they add so many great features.

They have done it rather good. But still not satisfied enough. What do you think of this app?list your favorite here.we can discuss it. And if I find your recommend point resonable, I will have a try.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I see you've never thought about buying a kindle, but what about the Kindle app? It's free and no Kindle is required to use the app on your Android. Available in the Market.

solar

Reaction score
Just to add to the options, ereader.com has an app also. it had to be downloaded from their site. I dont know what its not in the market, but it works well. I've also used the kindle app, which is great. apparently borders is making an ereader app too, but I haven't tried it.

OP
W

Waheedli007

Reaction score
yeah.I have noticed this app. I like their background setting.Well, Laputa get most of its features, in other words, it do much better.I love especially their [FONT=&quot]page leaf rolling effect[/FONT]. But free app is free app. it still has lots of problems unless they improve it to be perfect.
Yes, I can purchase all their kindle books. But with Laputa, i can download some free books from its internal websites. They seem to cooperate with some free ebook websites.I can see the benefit in this app.They face great challenge while Aldiko ,FB,and other free apps claim most of the users.They just have start a promising road. Which one to choose?That depends on your personal needs.I 'm currently satisfied with it.Hope they can add some other features.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I like ebooks on my phone too.

I got the kindle app because I thought maybe reading on my netbook might work... really doesn't, a tablet would be better but there wasn't one available at the time and I had an env2 phone that didn't support ebooks at all.

The other thing is that I can have the kindle on my netbook, pc at work and my Droid and access the book where I left off on any of the devices!
Finding and dowloading books is easy on my Droid.
Kindle has a lot of free books or even 99 cent books. Also other reasonably priced books (although I see no point in it being $1 less then the paperback or hardback... come on, $1 for paper and printing?).

I also have the Nook and Aldiko (first one I got that was available) and Kobo. I don't know how I ended up with all of these... people keep recommending them...

Just an FYI on Laputa, they have some "free" books that aren't ebooks or really "free" to the public, like the Harry Potter series. Which means that they aren't legal. I'm leaving it up to you to decide what to do, I won't judge.