How do I download pics.... And to where?

Audiophobe

Reaction score
I'm trying to download some pics to post on a forum and am very confused. I emailed them to myself so that I could cut and paste but it doesn't work.
I have a PC with Vista and media player if that matters.
I searched the forum and found no answers.
Can anyone help?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm trying to download some pics to post on a forum and am very confused. I emailed them to myself so that I could cut and paste but it doesn't work.
Can anyone help?

You want to get them in a thread in this forum here?
Where are the pics coming from?

You can right click on images on the web and save as...to your computer.
In the editor you make posts with you can click the image above
insertimage.gif
and past the link to an image. I left-clicked the image and got its location then clicked the image and pasted the path into it to get the icon to display in this post. So, you could also go to google's images, right click and get the path to the image and do the same, without downloading the image to your pc.

You also can insert a link
attach.gif
and attach an image to your post that way.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help?

i'm not following you. Are you downloading to your phone? Because the best way to do that is just mount the phone and drag the pics into your sd card in whatever folder you've set up for that or just go to the Gallery and drop them in there.

From an email on the phone you just long tap and save them. They will go into the gallery.

OP
A

Audiophobe

Reaction score
Can anyone help?

You also can click the image above
insertimage.gif
and past the link to an image. I left-clicked the image and got its location then clicked the image and pasted the path into it to get the icon to display in this post. So, you could also go to google's images, right click and get the path to the image and do the same, without downloading the image to your pc.

attach.gif

No it's another forum (car) that I want to display my car on.
I took pics on my phone and want to
-Download to my computer, not sure how to do that or where to download them to, and
-Post them on my car forum.

I tried to email them to myself via the phone but the computer won't allow me to cut and paste them for reasons I don't understand also.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help?

You also can click the image above
insertimage.gif

attach.gif

No it's another forum (car) that I want to display my car on.
I took pics on my phone and want to
-Download to my computer, not sure how to do that or where to download them to, and
-Post them on my car forum.

There's a couple of ways to do it. You could send your pics to a hosting site like photobug, or you could mount your Droid and put the pics on your desktop of your pc. Then go to the forum and upload from your desktop using their links.

frankiez

Reaction score
like Hookbill said, mount your droid.

If you connect your droid via the USB charger cable your droid will ask you if you want to mount your droid. Once you click MOUNT it will then show up as a USB media device on your computer. Then you can go into the DCIM folder and your pictures should be in there. You can then click and drag to a folder on your pc.

Good luck,