how do i "clean up" my sd card?

Foreverrr

Reaction score
Ever since i got my droid x my sd card seems to fill up with random junk and to me it feels like it slows down my phone and could go without any of the crap that doesnt need to be there...can somebody tell me whats safe to delete and whats not?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
you can delete all the contents of the LOST.DIR folder, and all the contents of the .Trash-1000 folder (open the subfolders and delete those contents not the subfolders themselves)

I did this and literally went from 4GB free to 11GB free on my D1.

Oh the disclaimer, I'm not responsible if you screw up your phone. Check the files out and make sure you can actually delete them before doing this. Don't blame me if something goes wrong

gsDroid

Reaction score
Probably easiest to remove your sdcard, place in a card reader and mount it on your computer. Copy everything off into a separate directory on your hard drive. Then format the card if desired, use the default allocation unit size (8k) and fat32. Copy back the obvious folders, .android_secure, music, DCIM, Clockworkmod, wallpapers, licenses, etc. Do you have any apps installed on sdcard? If something doesn't work after re-inserting the sdcard, all the files are available on the computer to copy back.

harrellj

Reaction score
There's an app on the market called DiskUsage which allows you to see which directories are the largest.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your SD card wouldn't have anything to do with your X running slower.

If you are using antivirus or task killers, get rid of them. Download a cache cleaner from the Market and clean your apps cache.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
take sd card out, fill sink up with soapy water, (dawn dish soap works the best IMO). Drop the SD card in, it'll clean up nicely