how do i calibrate my battery?

maxearing

Reaction score
i was wondering if i should calibrate my rezound battery. if i should, how do i do it?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
No such thing. The Rezound uses an Li-ION battery which does not require anything special like the old NiCad batteries did. There is no battery memory, flat spots etc...Just use it and you're good.

huskur

Reaction score
No such thing. The Rezound uses an Li-ION battery which does not require anything special like the old NiCad batteries did. There is no battery memory, flat spots etc...Just use it and you're good.

In theory you are correct with the memory of the battery. Though, the iphone has a li-ion inside and it is recommended that once a month you use your phone til it powers off by itself and then fully recharge. I use the same process on my droids and have good success with my batteries. Just saying that there are different opinions from various sources.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The whole use till it dies and recharge thing is more for the OS I think, and with iOS not being Android... nuff said.

I've calibrated my battery multiple times on the DX and my Rezound and have NEVER noticed a difference that was a direct benefit from calibrating.

Even Google came out with an article a few weeks ago about the myths of battery calibration.

If you really want to though.......

Use the phone till it dies, place on charger; DO NOT POWER ON!
Once phone is completely recharged (green light comes on) leave on charger for another 45-60 mins (something I've always done, this does NOT overcharge, just saturates the cells completely) Then take off charger and turn one.
Rinse and repeat one more time without using the charger throughout the day, let it die completely with no in-between charges.

Or if you are rooted, do the above method once and instead boot to recovery and wipe battery stats (probably not worth it since battery has no memory) or use the battery calibration app from the Market.

huskur

Reaction score
The whole use till it dies and recharge thing is more for the OS I think, and with iOS not being Android... nuff said.

I've calibrated my battery multiple times on the DX and my Rezound and have NEVER noticed a difference that was a direct benefit from calibrating.

Even Google came out with an article a few weeks ago about the myths of battery calibration.

If you really want to though.......

Use the phone till it dies, place on charger; DO NOT POWER ON!
Once phone is completely recharged (green light comes on) leave on charger for another 45-60 mins (something I've always done, this does NOT overcharge, just saturates the cells completely) Then take off charger and turn one.
Rinse and repeat one more time without using the charger throughout the day, let it die completely with no in-between charges.

Or if you are rooted, do the above method once and instead boot to recovery and wipe battery stats (probably not worth it since battery has no memory) or use the battery calibration app from the Market.

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

Just a little info to help formulate opinions

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Very good article, a very good find indeed.

Unless you are abusing the heck out of your battery (high temps, leaving in sunlight, etc...) we might not actually notice the drop of the battery condition, at least I never have, but I always took care of the battery and always properly charged/discharged etc...

If you take care of the battery, you expect average to normal results, abuse it, expect to needing to buy a new battery soon me thinks.

As far as calibrating goes (using the app and wiping stats in recovery), as far as I know, this was the intention of just wiping the battery stats from memory to correct incorrect readings between battery and OS, and didn't actually provide any other benefit, correct me if I'm wrong.

Calibrating with the charger, discharging and recharging with out the phone one, and properly saturating the cells, probably provides the best case scenario for prolonging the life the battery.

But what I'm getting out of this, is if you take care of the battery, you might not notice a decrease in battery performance because of the battery condition (obviously apps and what not will drain battery so take a close look at your usage before you blame a bad battery).

Any other thoughts?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nah sounds too technical, I'd rather just plug in my phone when the battery is low. lol