How do I add my personal image in messenger?

Eggathis

Reaction score
Hi, I have a simple inquiry, and have searched and searched, and have been unable to find or figure out how to do this. Put simply, we all have images synced for contacts on our phones, but I want to add an image to 'me' on my phone so that my image shows when using messenger instead of the little black and gray android picture next to my texts. I am rooted, on 2.2 frf84b bb v0.4 this is prolly super easy, but i just havent been able to figure it out, so thanks in advance.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a simple inquiry, and have searched and searched, and have been unable to find or figure out how to do this. Put simply, we all have images synced for contacts on our phones, but I want to add an image to 'me' on my phone so that my image shows when using messenger instead of the little black and gray android picture next to my texts. I am rooted, on 2.2 frf84b bb v0.4 this is prolly super easy, but i just havent been able to figure it out, so thanks in advance.

I will say this: People come up with some of the most unusual things that they would like their Droid to do. Nothing wrong with it, I don't understand why you want that but hey, it's your phone and it's a darn good question.

I don't think this is the place to ask it though. It's not something that I would consider to be a frequently asked question.

Let's take this up to the general discussion and see what people think.

OP
Eggathis

Eggathis

Reaction score
well, if that was the wrong place to post, my apologies. it said that you could post 'how to' questions that you think should be covered in the faq, that one isnt... the reason i want a personal image set for myself in messenger, is strictly aesthetic... the stock 'no image' android pic is ugly.

droijo

Reaction score
This is one of those things that you are thinking too much on how to achieve it. It's simple and doesn't require root. Just add your phone number into your contacts and add your contact picture. Simple. :)

JESSLYMK

Reaction score
Yep that's right. just add yourself to contacts. If your using Handcent all you have to do is long press the gray box and add a picture.

OP
Eggathis

Eggathis

Reaction score
Thanks a ton! I figured it would be super easy to do, I just couldn't figure it out to save my life. Thanks again!

liquidzoo

Reaction score
Yep that's right. just add yourself to contacts. If your using Handcent all you have to do is long press the gray box and add a picture.

Wow...that grey box has been bugging me ever since it was added to Handcent. Thanks!

lunargecko

Reaction score
I did this differently. I uploaded a picture of myself on Gmail's chat, and it was also used for my messaging picture.