How do I access internal Memory on PC

bschultze

Reaction score
I can only access my sd card in my phone but not my internal memory when connected to the internet. Is there a way to access it. Is there a function on my phone I have to change. When I had the Incredible, as soon as I hooked up the cable it gave me both storage options to access.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can only access my sd card in my phone but not my internal memory. Is there a way to access it.

I don't see how you could. Sure is an interesting question.

I'm going to go ahead and ask before someone else does. Why do you want to do that?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
with a file explorer such as astro you can do it on your phone but idk a way to do it on your computer. i dont have my usb cord with me or id look..

OP
B

bschultze

Reaction score
I wanted to put more videos on the 8 gig internal memory. My sd card is full.

wmscottmc

Reaction score
I did the same thing on my blackberries. I would move videos to the internal memory, or move files to the internal memory that I wanted more secure than on an sd card.

I dont think you will be able to do this on the DX. Even if you are able to view the internal memory with a file manager app, you are not allowed to write anything to the internal memory.

Correct me if am wrong about this.

darthrogue

Reaction score
EasyRoot is a quick and simple way to root your droid x or any other droid for that matter... Google pulled the app off of the market, but once you install the app which is now available from the dev's website on your phone, it is as simple as pressing the button that says "ROOT ME!"

As you can see, I have a "Droid X - 2.1 Root", I used EasyRoot to acquire this root on my Droid X that i have right now... i'll test the android commander (I think that's what it was) and get back to you in a few minutes

OP
B

bschultze

Reaction score
EasyRoot is a quick and simple way to root your droid x or any other droid for that matter... Google pulled the app off of the market, but once you install the app which is now available from the dev's website on your phone, it is as simple as pressing the button that says "ROOT ME!"

As you can see, I have a "Droid X - 2.1 Root", I used EasyRoot to acquire this root on my Droid X that i have right now... i'll test the android commander (I think that's what it was) and get back to you in a few minutes

Thanks look forward to your reply

darthrogue

Reaction score
i'm in the middle of installing the SDK on my laptop... looks like it wants to take a while...

darthrogue

Reaction score
Looks like it won't work for the droid 2 or droid x...
I found this on the website of the dev of android commander

with Milestone and Droid X/2 not working as ROOT (say thx to Motorola)

Root access is required to access the DATA folder for write, and that is where that extra 8gb is hiding... It looks like moto tweaked ADB, and we don't get root access through ADB... D: