How did I get a new wallpaper on my home screens?

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, I am sitting here trying to configure Locale and get done doing that and go back to my home screen and instead of the default Droid home screen (the industrial looking one) I have one that looks like a lake. . .

What could I have done to bring that wallpaper up and how do I get the default back? I am sure that it is something simple, but I cannot seem to adjust it. Thanks for any help.

OP
C

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't downloaded any of the home replacement apps and am not sure where to access themes.

Veedo

Reaction score
Long press on your blank desktop, select wallpaper. Change.

xSinneDx

Reaction score
There us an app called backgrounds you can download. Its free too.

OP
C

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Veedo, when I do a long press on any of the three pages I don't get a change option, but instead get an "Add to Home Screen" with options to add shortcuts, widgets, folders and wallpapers and when I go to the wallpapers that are there, I don't see the original default wallpaper, and I also don't see the current one that is on my 3 home screens. . .

I am sure that this is where I can adjust/select a new wallpaper, but I actually don't want to lose the one that "just appeared", now that I have it. Wonder where the current wallpaper is stored?

xSinneDx

Reaction score
If you hit the settings button when on the home screen there should be a wall paper button.

Veedo

Reaction score
Veedo, when I do a long press on any of the three pages I don't get a change option, but instead get an "Add to Home Screen" with options to add shortcuts, widgets, folders and wallpapers and when I go to the wallpapers that are there, I don't see the original default wallpaper, and I also don't see the current one that is on my 3 home screens. . .

I am sure that this is where I can adjust/select a new wallpaper, but I actually don't want to lose the one that "just appeared", now that I have it. Wonder where the current wallpaper is stored?

when you long press and select wallpaper, are you selecting from pictures, or wallpaper gallery? they should be stored in wallpaper gallery. if that doesnt work, maybe the software you installed messed up the directory? not sure.

OP
C

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have both options when doing the long press - I can select from either Pictures or a Wallpaper gallery and in the galary there are a number of wallpapers, but I don't see either the default droid wallpaper or the one that is on the home screens now. My challenge is that I didn't add any new software but was rather just configuring an application that is in fact not even enabled right now on my Droid. Strange.