How can I make my D2 faster?

XNAVYGAL

Reaction score
I have ATK but my phone seems to be slower than normal the last few days. I have even gotten rid of some apps.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

km75

Reaction score
I have ATK but my phone seems to be slower than normal the last few days. I have even gotten rid of some apps.

First thing you want to do is get rid of the ATK. That would be a good place to start.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Byakushiki

Reaction score
It's not necessary to ditch atk. Just turn off the autokill and it won't eat battery. I find stuff like that useful to kill off bloat processes (along with stopping their running service or going into their app settings screen from the task manager/killer and force stopping them).

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Happy to help a fellow 9er fan. What is slowing your phone down is the ui. I love sense and think its the best ui, but just like when I took blur off my d2 when i went to a senseless rom my phone has worked much better and faster with better battery life. The custom ui's are trying to appeal to the mainstream by keeping up with so much social apps and help avg users by doing things for them, the downside to that is loss of performance and speed. Drop the ui, get a good launcher and maybe a nice theme and you have a phone that looks as nice and performs up to peak with out the need to o/c. Oh and you will notice your battery is cooler and not needing to work as hard...aka better battery life.

OP
XNAVYGAL

XNAVYGAL

Reaction score
Thank you! I don't know what a ui is and all that but I'm going to try and find out about the things you were talking about so I can get my phone faster!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
He means a custom ROM such as Liberty, Apex, Cyanogenmod, etc.

UI= User Interface

SSX v2.0

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought it meant urinary infection
:p

CM74D2 (I can't put this thing down!)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;of-5IFSREVk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of-5IFSREVk]‪Motorola BLUR UI of Android‬‏ - YouTube[/video]

[video=youtube;Kax24GN1458]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kax24GN1458]‪HTC Sense‬‏ - YouTube[/video]

[video=youtube;J5Zieg2DY7k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5Zieg2DY7k]‪Sense, MotoBlur & TouchWiz: Android Skins Compared‬‏ - YouTube[/video]

hope those videos help.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
;)

Aosp is a good way to go. The way not to go is automatic task killers no matter what vzw reps tell you.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Correction blurless first then cm because cm is still in work for the d2. May have some bugs the op may not care for.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love cm, but why battery suck, why battery suck! I feel like crying. I just charged this thing, it's down to 70% (undervolted, systcl and a bunch of other stuff). Sorry, just had to get that out. Continue....

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's why I like SSX. Its CM7 with Chevy tools and better battery. No, its not the same as ZS, Apex or Liberty, but it is on par with stock. Standby doesn't eat battery like CM7 either. Phone calls use less battery than CM7 also.

I can go almost all day if I use it normally (which is hardcore usage)

SSX v2.0