How can I get rid of Amazon MP3 App?

Ridley

Reaction score
I don't use this app, but it sometimes just fires up on it's own and starts downloading something. I don't like that, how do I get rid of it, i don't see it in the applications list, only in running services when it turns itself on. Putting the icon in the trash does nothing either.

Diordna

Reaction score
How I got rid of it.

rooted.
Got Bugless Beast.
Got Terminal Emulator.
Typed in "su" enter
Typed in "rmmp3" enter
It's gone

dmac90

Reaction score
How I got rid of it.

rooted.
Got Bugless Beast.
Got Terminal Emulator.
Typed in "su" enter
Typed in "rmmp3" enter
It's gone

It's a bit more involved than this, isn't it? Going to /system/app and removing the .apk file from there?

Diordna

Reaction score
How I got rid of it.

rooted.
Got Bugless Beast.
Got Terminal Emulator.
Typed in "su" enter
Typed in "rmmp3" enter
It's gone

It's a bit more involved than this, isn't it? Going to /system/app and removing the .apk file from there?

Huh? I'm just saying how I did it, as I said in my post. Maybe there is other ways, but using scripts make life pretty sweet, it's not like I went out of my way for it, I had everything already and saw that script so I used it. I also used the terminal to get rid of several annoying native apps like the stock messaging app and others

erikfig

Reaction score
Real simple,

Install titaniun backup, open it, select backup/apps. Choose Amason mp3 and click unistall. I deleted all my factory apps like that. ;)

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How I got rid of it.

rooted.
Got Bugless Beast.
Got Terminal Emulator.
Typed in "su" enter
Typed in "rmmp3" enter
It's gone

its really not because of the scripts included in bugless beast and others. if your just rooted and want it removed this will do the trick,

you need to be rooted and have busybox installed. im not going to go into that just google it there are eleventy billion pages that tell you how to do that.

either in ADB or Root Terminal
Code:
su  [COLOR="Red"](enter)[/COLOR]
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system [COLOR="Red"](enter)[/COLOR]
mv /system/app/com.amazon.mp3.apk /system/app/com.amazon.mp3.apk.BAK [COLOR="Red"](enter)[/COLOR]
mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system [COLOR="Red"](enter)[/COLOR]
sync [COLOR="Red"](enter)[/COLOR]
reboot [COLOR="Red"](enter)[/COLOR]

this does not actually remove the app it just renames it in case you ever want it again just go back and remove the .BAK from the file and it will show back up in the app drawer.

PS: i personally don't think scripts should be included in these roms because it allows people that have no clue what they are doing to possibly do some damage to the OS.

you are the only one that is responsible if you fubar your phone.

OP
R

Ridley

Reaction score
Gee whiz, seems pretty complicated to get rid of something that shouldn't even be there. I didn't realise Droid was so dooshie like this. I'm not rooted BTW. I really hate being forced to keep stuff I don't want like this.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Gee whiz, seems pretty complicated to get rid of something that shouldn't even be there. I didn't realise Droid was so dooshie like this. I'm not rooted BTW. I really hate being forced to keep stuff I don't want like this.

dont worry it will be gone soon enough because Google is about to unveil their own mp3 market

Diordna

Reaction score

Well if you ever wanted help on rooting and whatnot PM me and I can always help people out with that. Click my banner and go to that droid site, we are always there for people too

KidCuda

Reaction score
I don't use this app, but it sometimes just fires up on it's own and starts downloading something. I don't like that, how do I get rid of it, i don't see it in the applications list, only in running services when it turns itself on. Putting the icon in the trash does nothing either.

Have you tried going into the app's settings and turning off "Monitor connection"?

dmac90

Reaction score
Sorry, forgot where you said you were running BB. Didn't know it had scripts for that stuff.

OP
R

Ridley

Reaction score

Have you tried going into the app's settings and turning off "Monitor connection"?

Yeah, I did that earlier today and it seems to have stopped it from strating up but i still want it gone.